• The KillerFrogs

Cowboys Classic ticket sales?

mrnicefrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 5 2010, 06:36 PM) [snapback]608149[/snapback]
I guess I didn't realize Tech was ranked ahead of Oregon State or that people would rather go to Lubbock to watch a game than Cowboys stadium.

GDU is right on this.

Tech sucks, they won't be ranked all year.

Lubbuck sucks too, I'll take Aledo High in Cowboys stadium over Tech in Lubsuck.

joejordan

QUOTE(MTfrog5 @ Aug 6 2010, 12:01 AM) [snapback]608211[/snapback]
Weren't some people worried about how many fans went to the Fiesta Bowl too? We will be fine.

We'll always have the worriers, doomsayers and negative nancies on this board.

It's interesting how some people who LOVE TCU don't understand what it is they love. Did you ever see the movie "I love you, now change"? I haven't, but the title seems appropriate for this thread.

weklfrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 5 2010, 09:09 AM) [snapback]607809[/snapback]
I've thought about it, but I have some real issues with it. I can't seem to get past the idea of paying $75 a year to a place where I am abused by 95% of the posting members. Now, I love the information I get here and I like to give any information I have, but I can't convince myself to pay for the constant insults and picking apart of every little thing I say. I have other issues as well (being banned for something ridiculous and having mods edit my posts). Those haven't happened in awhile, but I would be pretty upset to donate money only to see them happen again.

And living out of town, I don't get the benefits of the other things KFc does. I sorta wonder what the gap is between the ad revenue generated by my posts and viewings and what that actually costs wes and scott.

unless you are a student, unemployed, or otherwise hardup for money, of which you are neither, your are either a paying member or a free-loader. You claim to be abused but continue to post prolifically. The people who abuse you are not the people who could use your support. You have dozens of posts in this thread trying to get other people to spend their money yet you won't spend a few dollars to support a forum that you spend hours a day on. Your excuses are b.s.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 6 2010, 04:50 AM) [snapback]608228[/snapback]
We'll always have the worriers, doomsayers and negative nancies on this board.

It's interesting how some people who LOVE TCU don't understand what it is they love. Did you ever see the movie "I love you, now change"? I haven't, but the title seems appropriate for this thread.

hope you weren't referring to me, bc you were completely wrong in your assumptions about me along thsoe lines.

gdu

QUOTE(weklfrog @ Aug 6 2010, 06:50 AM) [snapback]608236[/snapback]
unless you are a student, unemployed, or otherwise hardup for money, of which you are neither, your are either a paying member or a free-loader. You claim to be abused but continue to post prolifically. The people who abuse you are not the people who could use your support. You have dozens of posts in this thread trying to get other people to spend their money yet you won't spend a few dollars to support a forum that you spend hours a day on. Your excuses are b.s.

Haha, thanks for the morning laugh.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Count me in as one of those that isn't worried about attendance. I think a lot of people are waiting to buy tickets. I still am waiting on a few confirmations from a few people before I buy my tickets but it should be around a group of 8-10.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Aug 6 2010, 09:15 AM) [snapback]608303[/snapback]
Count me in as one of those that isn't worried about attendance. I think a lot of people are waiting to buy tickets. I still am waiting on a few confirmations from a few people before I buy my tickets but it should be around a group of 8-10.

Plus if the ticket agent I talked to was right, we'll be able to scoop up alot of was OSU doesn't get.

thetoe

To update you guys on Oregon St ticket sales, I think sales may have been better than expected. I received my tickets in the mail and was in section C338. I was a little upset, as I thought by requesting the $100 seats through OSU I would end up between the 30s, so I called the ticket office to find out what happened.

Apparently, demand in the $100 and $150 seats was much higher than expected through OSU and the tickets in those sections were oversold. As such, they had to request additional club seats on the 300 level, and I was pushed out to C338. I don't know whether the demand was that great for the $75 or $45 seats through OSU, but the higher end seats have been selling well.

I donate $3K per year, and have tickets at OSU home games on the 40 yard line and I still wasn't able to get the tickets in those sections. So I'd imagine that the turnout will be good all around from an OSU perspective.

VictoryLap

QUOTE(thetoe @ Aug 6 2010, 11:06 PM) [snapback]608730[/snapback]
To update you guys on Oregon St ticket sales, I think sales may have been better than expected. I received my tickets in the mail and was in section C338. I was a little upset, as I thought by requesting the $100 seats through OSU I would end up between the 30s, so I called the ticket office to find out what happened.

Apparently, demand in the $100 and $150 seats was much higher than expected through OSU and the tickets in those sections were oversold. As such, they had to request additional club seats on the 300 level, and I was pushed out to C338. I don't know whether the demand was that great for the $75 or $45 seats through OSU, but the higher end seats have been selling well.

I donate $3K per year, and have tickets at OSU home games on the 40 yard line and I still wasn't able to get the tickets in those sections. So I'd imagine that the turnout will be good all around from an OSU perspective.

This sounds encouraging, but we don't want too many Beaver fans there. We are trying get some serious "away" home field advantage.

gdu

QUOTE(thetoe @ Aug 6 2010, 11:06 PM) [snapback]608730[/snapback]

That sounds good, but I'm not sure I'm buying it because yesterday when I looked for 6 together, the best available was the 50 yardline on the 100 level on OSU's side row 12.

joefrog91

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 08:27 AM) [snapback]608759[/snapback]
That sounds good, but I'm not sure I'm buying it because yesterday when I looked for 6 together, the best available was the 50 yardline on the 100 level on OSU's side row 12.

Well, wasn't there a seating chart for OSU showing they were kind of spread around in the 100 level? That may explain how he couldn't get a ticket and you could find 6 together.

gdu

QUOTE(joefrog91 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:17 AM) [snapback]608814[/snapback]
Well, wasn't there a seating chart for OSU showing they were kind of spread around in the 100 level? That may explain how he couldn't get a ticket and you could find 6 together.

that was the 200 level. Someone said that Jerry was holding those seats for cowboys ticket holders or something like that.

thetoe

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 06:27 AM) [snapback]608759[/snapback]

Hmmmm....I just got similar results, so you must be right. Maybe she was wrong about saying the $150 seats were sold out - it wouldn't be the first time someone in the ticket office didn't know what they were talking about. :angry:

But either way, with decent priority, I got pushed out to section C338 in my area. Hopefully there is a lot of orange down below as well.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(thetoe @ Aug 7 2010, 11:36 AM) [snapback]608846[/snapback]
Hmmmm....I just got similar results, so you must be right. Maybe she was wrong about saying the $150 seats were sold out - it wouldn't be the first time someone in the ticket office didn't know what they were talking about. :angry:

But either way, with decent priority, I got pushed out to section C338 in my area. Hopefully there is a lot of orange down below as well.

Toe, glad you are coming on here, but please don't feed the troll (gdu). :biggrin: