• The KillerFrogs

Cowboys Classic ticket sales?

gdu

I'm sure I'll get railed on for this, but:

I heard from a non-college football fan today that they were talking about the game on Austin radio and said ticket sales were not going well and the hosts joked TCU was gonna have to do a buy 1, get 4 free or something similar.

That said, I hope everyone here bought tickets and I hope those of that you can afford it are taking freinds and those that can't are invitng everyone they know.

So, anyone heard how sales are going?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 4 2010, 04:59 PM) [snapback]607280[/snapback]
I'm sure I'll get railed on for this, but:

I heard from a non-college football fan today that they were talking about the game on Austin radio and said ticket sales were not going well and the hosts joked TCU was gonna have to do a buy 1, get 4 free or something similar.

That said, I hope everyone here bought tickets and I hope those of that you can afford it are taking freinds and those that can't are invitng everyone they know.

So, anyone heard how sales are going?

Waiting for an announcement

HoustonHornedFrog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 4 2010, 05:37 PM) [snapback]607297[/snapback]
Waiting for an announcement

Tomorrow I'm buying 7 and my group is 14 total, so they should wait to make the announcement until Friday.

gdu

QUOTE(PurplFrawg @ Aug 4 2010, 05:38 PM) [snapback]607298[/snapback]
Who gives a crap what people in Austin think?

ticket sales are a fact, not an opinion. I was asking how ticket sales were going (i.e. how many of them have been sold), not what people in Austin thought about them.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 4 2010, 05:40 PM) [snapback]607302[/snapback]
ticket sales are a fact, not an opinion. I was asking how ticket sales were going (i.e. how many of them have been sold), not what people in Austin thought about them.

It was an opinion that caused you to start this thread ... based on what someone heard on some radio station based on some rumor they heard. If they knew a fact they would have given it. No facts ... but a thread on it pretending to be anyway.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 4 2010, 05:46 PM) [snapback]607308[/snapback]
It was an opinion that caused you to start this thread ... based on what someone heard on some radio station based on some rumor they heard. If they knew a fact they would have given it. No facts ... but a thread on it pretending to be anyway.

I started the thread to ask for the fact. If I knew the fact, I wouldn't have started a thread asking for it. Not sure how a thread can pretend to be a fact that it is asking for, but I'll leave that up to you to figure out.

West Coast Johnny

You know how much attendence smack talk I've heard since I graduated 20 years ago? I just laugh at these clowns who talk about TCU attendence. Hey stupid - We're one of the smallest D1 programs in the country and one of the most successful. They don't give trophies for attendence. We'll listen to attendence smack and then punch your team in the mouth and then laugh while they bleed.

Klaw

Trevlis, can you please explain exactly what are your hearing?

Like any frog fan, I just want our fanbase to have a strong showing.

TCUGuy

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Aug 4 2010, 07:01 PM) [snapback]607346[/snapback]
If what I am hearing is true, our fan base is going to be embarrassed on national TV.

Well, what are you hearing, no need to hold back....

gdu

guys, let's go. We need way more butts in the seats than it sounds like we have as of now. Tickets are a bit overpriced, but they are what they are. This is a big stage for our program and we need to impress on the field and in the stands. This stuff DOES matter. Everyone do you part.

Trelvis

QUOTE(Klaw @ Aug 4 2010, 07:11 PM) [snapback]607356[/snapback]
Trevlis, can you please explain exactly what are your hearing?

I was told a number for the amount of tickets TCU had sold. They didn't know if it was through the school, the stadium, or ticketmaster, but the number was extremely low. I dont know how accurate it is though, but it worries me if its true. The number was less than five digits though.

talor

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Aug 4 2010, 07:22 PM) [snapback]607362[/snapback]
I was told a number for the amount of tickets TCU had sold. They didn't know if it was through the school, the stadium, or ticketmaster, but the number was extremely low. I dont know how accurate it is though, but it worries me if its true. The number was less than seven digits though.

Less than 1 million tickets sold?! OH NO! Trey please revise your statement.

Trelvis

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Aug 4 2010, 07:25 PM) [snapback]607367[/snapback]
please revise your statement.

:biggrin: :biggrin: Fixed

CMUR

I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet but... I had bought 9 tickets together like 4 months ago in section 410. I just received an email two days ago now telling me those seats are no longer available and I was relocated to a different section. I called Ticketmaster about this situation. They said the Cowboys Stadium is no loner selling any upper deck seats to this game. My guess is that not enough people are buying tickets to make the upper sections available...

gdu

QUOTE(CMUR @ Aug 4 2010, 07:27 PM) [snapback]607371[/snapback]
I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet but... I had bought 9 tickets together like 4 months ago in section 410. I just received an email two days ago now telling me those seats are no longer available and I was relocated to a different section. I called Ticketmaster about this situation. They said the Cowboys Stadium is no loner selling any upper deck seats to this game. My guess is that not enough people are buying tickets to make the upper sections available...

there weren't so the 400 level is now closed. Buy some in the 300s and make sure everyone is in purple.

SFA Frog

If I had extra money, I would be buying tickets.

Also

Two season tickets for all home games at ACS: $253.00
Two tickets and parking pass for one game against a mediocre opponent at an overpriced stadium: $126.10