1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'The Swamp' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. #1401 Wexahu, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    I was told to not believe anything that comes out of Bejing, and that is probably good advice.

Doesn't deny the fact that news is being delivered in a sensationalist way that has so many people unnecessarily freaked out. Just saw a headline on CNN that read there are now more than 5,000 cases in the US now, up 5-fold from a week ago. Red background for extra effect.

Well, no [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] the number of cases are way up, why would anyone be alarmed by that? Since so many carrying this virus have little to no symptoms, anyone who doesn't think there are WAY more "cases" out there than is being reported either isn't paying attention or is hopelessly stupid. As we test more, cases will go up dramatically. So why is that specific information headline worthy? Report on the # of deaths and the age/health profile of those that are dying and stop with all the other crap that is just meant to alarm, that would give the public way better specific information how to deal with this rationally. A bunch of non-critical patients flooding hospitals will not be rational or effective but I bet it's coming. And then we'll hear about hospital bed shortages.

2. #1402 TCURiggs, Mar 17, 2020

^^^ This killed me

3. One would have to assume that the antibodies of those who healed early helped in setting up a general anti for the rest. That is happening here already.
    Heck, the sequencing of the virus has already been pegged here, and they started clinical trials yesterday! That's pert near record time.

4. note my opening phrase

5. I did, but then you went on to explain how their data is interesting. Their data isn't worth a darn, IMO.

6. Which Wilson?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. no different than jenner and his colleagues with small pox, salk and saban with small pox, and gallagher with measles

here is an article about gallagher and his efforts with the measles vaccine you might find interesting

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus-measles-inject-plasma-serum-hill-school-20200302.html

8. just trying to think in good faith.

9. Can’t stop listening. Wife just made me leave the room I’m laughing so hard.

10. No ship, I've watched it at least 10 times and can't stop laughing. Had me in tears.

11. 10!?!?! I’m on like 600.

12. And the market again jumps as the POTUS "goes to the microphone."

Moose Stuff likes this.
  13. #1413 Moose Stuff, Mar 17, 2020
    Wait, wait, wait..... that can’t be possible. Someone on here who seems very very smart told me differently. And I point that out not for political reasons but because it’s funny when assclowns are wrong.

14. You want me to believe what Kaitlyn Jenner, Jonas Salk, Nick Saban, and comedian Gallagher have to say about vaccines? Only one knows what he's talking about, but I wouldn't sit on the front row at his show.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. C.S. Lewis in “On Living in an Atomic Age” (1948) in Present Concerns: Journalistic Essays.

16. nick is a winner damnit and will kick covid's ass like he did notre dame in the title game

17. Yeah it's going real great over that past 30 days.

18. love his work and have had that sent to me by 2-3 friends this week.

i would highly recommend "mere christianity" to anyone who has not read it or heard any of his 4 broadcasts that were aired by the bbc during world war 2.

ironic that the initial complaints received about his first broadcast were primarily that as a layman, lewis wasn't "qualified' to speak on the radio on christian matters

19. Trump now referring to this as the “Chinese Virus”. Very helpful. His defense as to why he is using that reminds me of how a 6 year old would apply logic.

Dad: why did you yell at your brother?
    6 yr old: He yelled at me first.
    Dad: Do you understand that just because he yelled at you doesn’t mean you should yell at him.
    6 yr old: HE YELLED FIRST!!!

20. Trumps legacy would be so different if he was a mute and didn’t have fingers.

Todd D. likes this.