1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. On a serious note, I think we all realize that people's jobs can be affected. So keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, the economy ramps back up after the next month or so.
    i am compeletely aware I could lose my "day job".
    If I am alive, well, [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ], bonus!

2. I was expecting someone to break out a Blue Oyster Cult lyric,,,

3. Why becomes it doesn't align with your point of view

Who in hell made you the scheissing board police?

4. Check your county health department websites. Most have links to the CDC and WHO info on what to do at home/work to work to prevent getting sick.
    Just a small plug for information in the face of the confusing insanity of 24 hour news networks.

5. did have a more cowbell double ipa yesterday

BrewingFrog likes this.
  6. Exhibit A of why kids are surviving this better.

7. Obama declared national emergency on Oct 9-two weeks later hosted 2,000 kids at the white house for Holloween party. Children were at greatest risk.

8. You continue to be a great asset to the board.

9. I don't give a darn about Bolton. I was simply pointing out that the people who are in charge of handling these situations are saying that getting rid of that group didn't change how they prepared for things like this. You and some others obviously aren't going to believe that, but none of us have any clue what goes on behind the scenes with things like this. From what I've seen though, we've taken quicker, more extreme measures than most of the rest of the world, and certainly quicker and more extreme measures than the previous administration that had to deal with something like this, so I tend to believe they're doing a pretty good job so far. About as good of a job as you can do with handling an unprecedented global pandemic, anyway.

Carry on with your politically-based anger about all of this, though. It's a good look.

10. You continue to be smug and condescending and generally a dick. Weren't you the guy who was above political discussion?

DeuceBoogieNights likes this.
  11. Whatever. A disease that didn't discriminate and was deadly to children, teenagers, middle-aged adults and everything in between is not the same as one in which fatalities are almost exclusively sick, elderly people. I would think that's a relatively reasonable opinion, but I'm aware that you are a far morally superior than I am.

12. The politicians in the WH keep saying we are doing a great job. Doctors, not so much.

Timeline of a "perfect, beautiful" response: (All direct quotes, no editing)

January20: I know more about viruses than anyone.”
    January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
    February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
    March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
    March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
    March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
    March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
    March 13: “National emergency, two big words.”

And now, every time he goes to a microphone for more PerfectBeautiful statements, the stock market loses 10%

DeuceBoogieNights likes this.
  13. Really? Not here to debate the merits of Trump, but other countries are way ahead in testing and their quarantine measures.

TCUdirtbag and YA like this.
  14. I worked with a guy who used to say stupid [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] just like Joe. He didn't have a stuttering problem. He was just a moron.

Watching Joe closely last night I'm willing to admit he has a slight stutter. He did it two or three times and it was so slight most people didn't even notice. In each case, his point was made without referencing a man on a small horse or some other outlandish crap.

But tell me more, please. Always happy to learn from the 3rd smartest person on this board.

AZfrogs and Moose Stuff like this.
  15. As much as 1/3rd of the people dying in Italy are not dying from COVID19 but from another condition that can’t be treated because of a lack of resources

Those people aren’t in the numbers being reported

16. #1019 Moose Stuff, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Do you see me involved in political discussion somewhere??? Here, let’s take a show of hands.... who is enjoying the 6 paragraph political/incoherent rants from LVH, Wexahu, Tyler Durdin, Billy Clyde....?

17. Who are #1 and #2?

Anyway, not everyone's disabilities are the same and you suggesting that they are is BS.