1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. As for the captain: Did he violate chain of command with correspondence? Sure seems like it. Gone. Did he expose a capability issue with military preparedness? Sure seems like it. Gone. Not sure why it’s any more complicated than that.

2. Very bad look for you.

3. Again, for what it’s worth... I spoke with my Navy SEAL uncle about it and he thinks it’s bullship. He also forwarded me an email from someone he refers to as one of the most highly respected SEALs of all time (who’s been in a lot of combat), who had some choice words for the Secretary of the Navy about this and thinks it’s bullship.

And here is a pretty cool article that details how the real Teddy Roosevelt (remember, the ship in question is the USS Theodore Roosevelt) was in a shockingly similar position dealing with Malaria and Yellow Fever with the Rough Riders back in Cuba...

http://www.usni.org/magazines/proce...elt-commanding-officer-followed-example-ships

4. I can understand why some would think it’s BS. I simply don’t agree. If he went outside the chain of command I don’t see how he could maintain the trust of the brass and that’s before any consideration of his exposing a preparedness defect to the world (including our enemies).

5. [​IMG]

6. Instant like

ATC Frog and Frog-in-law1995 like this.
  7. #6929 Sweat Equity, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Paul in uhh likes this.
  8. The resistance media in these press conferences is disgusting. They go into these press conferences trying to push and form narratives rather than ask questions that actually matter

AZfrogs likes this.
  9. Not to mention allowed shore leave which resulted in the infections. So he "created" the situation he leaked a letter about and became a hero.

Salfrog and QuilterFrawg like this.
  10. Trying to figure out how to combine that gif with “asshoe” just to see Moose’s response.

Peacefrog and Moose Stuff like this.
  11. Yeah we have a couple of Navy guys at the office (E-9's and O-3's) and they said the firing was complete chicken****.

PhillyFrog and Ron Swanson like this.
  12. If it happened as you state that isn’t good but doubt that alone would have warranted removal. And, I’m led to believe that he will be reassigned somewhere.

13. I would like to see some actual evidence that he went out of the chain of command with his letter not slanted news stories to protect the decision to fire him

PhillyFrog likes this.
  14. Other than the politics of it, is there any reason anyone not in the navy gives a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] about this?

15. Would like to see the Naval directive that shore leaves for this ship and all others were cancelled prior to the ship arriving in Vietnam not from sources that are protecting the decision to fire him

16. NOW you have a problem with slanted news stories? Laughable. Need to change your handle to “HA”. I don’t think there’s any dispute that he distributed it outside channels and beyond chain of command. If it is found that his chain of command was adhered to exclusively and the “leak” was from a superior then I say fire that superior.

TCURiggs and AroundWorldFrog like this.
  17. I care. My father was in the Navy in Korea. My father in law was in the Navy from Vietnam era till retirement.

PhillyFrog likes this.
  18. He couldn't make that decision? that alone seems weird.