• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Zubaz

Vaccine mandates are not the only thing I'm talking about.

Again, there were people in the media openly cheering for the death of unvaccinated people. Doctors saying that unvaxxed should die before receiving medical care. If you think any of those people who were openly wishing death on others would've rejected the idea of forcing the population to stay inside their homes then I'm not sure you're attempting to be honest about the situation. You can point to very specific things going on in China and say "no one ever called for X" but based on the things people were calling for its a fairly safe assumption they would've been totally fine with X happening here.
I don't remember anyone in any position of authority "cheering for the death of unvaccinated people" or "openly wishing death on others", but I could be wrong there. I do remember doctors and others expressing frustration at unvaccinated deaths, some medical offices saying that they wouldn't treat unvaccinated patients [not emergency care doctors, just for routine care and things of that sort], and politicians warning of a "pandemic of the unvaccinated", but that's about it. Certainly nothing approaching the levels of tyranny that we see in China.

tcudoc

I don't remember anyone in any position of authority "cheering for the death of unvaccinated people" or "openly wishing death on others", but I could be wrong there. I do remember doctors and others expressing frustration at unvaccinated deaths, some medical offices saying that they wouldn't treat unvaccinated patients [not emergency care doctors, just for routine care and things of that sort], and politicians warning of a "pandemic of the unvaccinated", but that's about it. Certainly nothing approaching the levels of tyranny that we see in China.
I recall lots of excitement by many when people like Meatloaf passed away. It was a feeding frenzy.
I’ve seen it on the other side when people stated how safe the vaccine was then died suddenly days after getting the vaccine. Lots of people were ecstatic to point that out as well.

Frog79

After two doses of the safe and effective™ Pfizer/Moderna "vaccine" you increase your risk of a future heart attack WAY more than if you decided to start smoking a couple of packs of cigarettes every day day, completely stopped exercising, and constantly gorged on junk food:

Frog79

Vaccine mandates are not the only thing I'm talking about.

Again, there were people in the media openly cheering for the death of unvaccinated people. Doctors saying that unvaxxed should die before receiving medical care. If you think any of those people who were openly wishing death on others would've rejected the idea of forcing the population to stay inside their homes then I'm not sure you're attempting to be honest about the situation. You can point to very specific things going on in China and say "no one ever called for X" but based on the things people were calling for its a fairly safe assumption they would've been totally fine with X happening here.
Exactly. Most democrats would love to see brutal China-style lockdowns and concentration camps/gulags for the unvaccinated:

Poll: Majority of Democrats say the unvaccinated should be confined to home

A majority of Democrats say they’d support the unvaxxed being confined to their homes at all times, with 45% saying they should be confined to designated facilities and 55% support for fines.

Not exactly a big surprise from members of the party of tolerance and inclusion. Further proof that most democrats are anti-science ideologues.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

Not sure if this guy is a politician or not…

Narrator: “There was, in fact, no ‘Winter of Death’”

Yes, there was little support anywhere in the west for Chinese style forced lockdowns. That's kinda the point. The things you're talking about like vaccine mandates, however you feel about them, are most certainly *not* "the most draconian measures possible"....as we are seeing with what China is doing.
Many prominent liberals wanted to deny treatment for the unvaccinated. They wished death upon them.

Nothing more draconian than that.

HFrog1999

The guy is not only an infectious disease expert, he's also a prognosticator.

Stay Home Ground Hog GIF by INTO ACTION

Zubaz

There's an entire subreddit about unvacced people who died... Not in a I feel bad for them type of way either. The No New Normal subreddit was banned... Also, you wanted us to lose our jobs. Hypocrite.
First, NoNewNormal was banned for brigading. Other COVID subreddits like LockdownSkepticism remain active to this day.

Second, and far more relevant, I wouldn't point to any s**posting subreddit as anything indicative of popular sentiment, any more than you should consider The_Donald indicative of Republican voters. Reddit, like Twitter, isn't real life.

Seems like that falls under "politicians warning of a "pandemic of the unvaccinated"", as I said.

I don't think it's reasonable to equate that to welding people so they can't escape if there's a fire, checking phones for banned apps, or punishing people for criticizing lockdowns, which is what China is protesting. Do you?

Many prominent liberals wanted to deny treatment for the unvaccinated. They wished death upon them.

Nothing more draconian than that.
Can you source a "prominent liberal" that argued this? I'm honestly asking because I don't remember seeing anyone seriously advocating this. Not some twitter pundit or reddit s***post or whatever, but someone that has influence in US policy?

Frog79

At least Dementia Joe doesn't claim that the unvaccinated are racists and misogynists like woke soyboy Comrade Trudeau did.

Zubaz

Is the Premier of Quebec prominent?

I don't think a financial surcharge, whatever you think about it, is the same thing as denying emergency care or locking people in their homes, personally. If that were true, we'd be talking about "tyrannical" and "draconian" measures being taken against smokers.

Humans are pretty bad about saying nasty stuff to people who disagree with them, especially when they perceive the views as a threat to their lives and/or livelihood. We are pretty bad with the "there but for the grace of God go I"/ walk in someone else's shoes thing.

AroundWorldFrog

The information on who vilified the unvaxxed is widely available. Why are people having such a hard time finding that (unless they don't want to). A simple Google search turns up close to 100,000 results.

The information on who vilified the unvaxxed is widely available. Why are people having such a hard time finding that (unless they don't want to). A simple Google search turns up close to 100,000 results.
Doesn't any google search produce tons of results?

I just tried the first words that came in my mind- bear... driving... wrong turn and came up with 70 million results:

Just a news search and "bear driving wrong turn" results in 320K.

Not saying it was a lot or a few instances, but the number of google results isn't a way to measure anything.

froginmn

I don't think a financial surcharge, whatever you think about it, is the same thing as denying emergency care or locking people in their homes, personally. If that were true, we'd be talking about "tyrannical" and "draconian" measures being taken against smokers.
It's pretty obvious that anything "not as draconian as China" is OK in your world (leaves quite the rope), but we shouldn't forget that countries in the West were creating COVID passports and restricting/considering restricting people from living normal lives.

I know, I know, that's (D)ifferent.