• All Hail The Hypnotoad

COVID-19 Threads

HFrog1999

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
If it's shown that Kyrie is a lover of pumpkin pancakes then I'll immediately retract everything I said and rightly declare him to be a visionary and an American hero.

Discovered in Countryfrog’s search history

183db259ea7b16560a76765df0c74df1.jpg

froginmn

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
Safe and effective. New study confirms that the vaccine caused "typically small and temporary" changes to the menstrual cycle.

Interestingly and predictably, most of the articles downplay the impact.

From the first article I saw, which was maybe too honest and will be retracted:

Researchers don't know exactly why the vaccines seem to affecting menstrual cycles, but Edelman said that the immune and reproductive systems are linked and that inflammation or a strong immune response could trigger menstrual fluctuation.

Any change in getting your period can be stressful, triggering worries about an unplanned pregnancy or an illness, and people have expressed frustration that public health officials didn't warn them about the possible side effect or do more research before rolling out the vaccines.

One major limitation of the study is the fact that it included only those who were not on birth control, had regular cycles before getting vaccinated and were between the ages of 18 and 45.

The study also didn't answer all of the questions raised by people about vaccines and periods. Ever since the vaccines were rolled out, women on social media have complained of longer, heavier and more-painful periods after getting vaccinated. This study did not look at the heaviness of periods or other side effects such as cramps, but researchers said it did show that, on average, getting vaccinated did not appear to cause longer periods.

froginmn

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
Safe and effective. New study confirms that the vaccine caused "typically small and temporary" changes to the menstrual cycle.

Oh and by the way (winking at you @KillerFrog InD KitchenSink ), the science didn't change on this, it just took a little time and research to find it.

And a nice twist:

My body Pfizer's choice

Last edited:

KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
Oh and by the way (winking at you @KillerFrog InD KitchenSink ), the science didn't change on this, it just took a little time and research to find it.

And a nice twist:

My body Pfizer's choice
True that! Always learning more and more about covid and the vaccines. There will never be an "end" to it.

In the meantime, we have to come up with strategies and recommendations based on what is known today. That's always going to be controversial.

I don't think this data will affect overall recommendations for most people getting the vaccine, but for women trying to get pregnant or experiencing fertility issues, there is an argument it might affect when and if to get vaccinated/ get the booster. But, then again, Covid itself affects menstruation: (and has lots of effects on pregnancy so that plays into the decision as well). My guess is that recommendations won't change for people trying to get pregnant.

Wexahu

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
True that! Always learning more and more about covid and the vaccines. There will never be an "end" to it.

In the meantime, we have to come up with strategies and recommendations based on what is known today. That's always going to be controversial.

I don't think this data will affect overall recommendations for most people getting the vaccine, but for women trying to get pregnant or experiencing fertility issues, there is an argument it might affect when and if to get vaccinated/ get the booster. But, then again, Covid itself affects menstruation: (and has lots of effects on pregnancy so that plays into the decision as well). My guess is that recommendations won't change for people trying to get pregnant.
As long as the drug companies are doing the government's bidding, vaccine recommendations will basically never stop. Follow the money and nothing else.

froginmn

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD

The common sense strategy and recommendations would have been to vaccinate those at serious risk while waiting to study it before pushing vaccination for those at minimal risk (most young women and almost all children). This became even more clear when it became obvious that herd immunity (and the idea that we were getting vaccinated to protect others) was proven to be a false hope.

As for the "COVID itself affects menstruation", that's an interesting red herring; even if the risk were exactly equal you'd weigh "might get COVID" against "intentionally get vaccinated".

gohornedfrogs

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
As long as the drug companies are doing the government's bidding, vaccine recommendations will basically never stop. Follow the money and nothing else.
The reality is that the government and drug companies could never, ever admit that these vaccines are causing serious health issues, and/or death.

If they did, millions of people could sue the government, their employers, their schools, their state/local governments, etc. -- anyone who mandated the vaccine. It would bankrupt our economy.

I don't believe the MMR shots cause autism. But even if it was proven they did, it would never be officially recognized for that reason. That alone gives me cause to be skeptical about the safety of any vaccine. Before anybody hyperventilates, that doesn't mean that I don't take vaccines, but I take them begrudgingly.

HFrog1999

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
The reality is that the government and drug companies could never, ever admit that these vaccines are causing serious health issues, and/or death.

If they did, millions of people could sue the government, their employers, their schools, their state/local governments, etc. -- anyone who mandated the vaccine. It would bankrupt our economy.

I don't believe the MMR shots cause autism. But even if it was proven they did, it would never be officially recognized for that reason. That alone gives me cause to be skeptical about the safety of any vaccine. Before anybody hyperventilates, that doesn't mean that I don't take vaccines, but I take them begrudgingly.

I think everyone’s pretty much immune to vaccine lawsuits

Wexahu

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD

I don't think I've ever taken a vaccine for something I don't care if I get anyway, I'm pretty sure of that.

HFrog1999

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
While many Americans, including me, lost their jobs, their savings, their retirement, and were ruined financially by the economic shutdown and lockdowns this guy demanded, he got even richer

This is why these scumbags aren’t trustworthy. They ruin millions of people’s lives while enriching their own outrageous wealth

@KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

froginmn

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD

From the same story, a good outlook as to why the lack of research hurts public health (see the comment about earning the trust of people of color):

Olivia Rodriguez, 26, said she doesn't plan to get her booster shot because she had such a bad experience after her second Moderna shot in March 2021. Despite just having finished her period, she started another within a few days of getting the shot. It lasted 10 days with heavier bleeding, she said, instead of the normal four or five days she was used to. She also experienced more-painful cramps.

Initially, she panicked, but soon found stories online of other women who had gone through similar situations. It was reassuring, she said, but she still is wary of getting another shot.

Rodriguez, who is a member of the Osage Nation, said medical researchers need to earn the trust of the Indigenous and people of color by providing more information upfront about side effects.

"I never really got an explanation of why or what happened," she said.

CountryFrog

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD
From the same story, a good outlook as to why the lack of research hurts public health (see the comment about earning the trust of people of color):
I would think that as far as the left is concerned then this lady would be justified in her concerns due to her being in a disadvantaged victim group. If this same complaint came from a white person they would obviously be an anti-vaxxer Karen.