• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Frog-in-law1995

Canada just ended all their Covid requirements for visitors entering the country. We’re going with friends on a New England cruise over Halloween that stops in Halifax one day, so we got a notice a few weeks ago from the cruise line that all Canadian laws applied to the entirety of the cruise, including some online forms, mandatory testing within 48 hours of departure and the Canadian stop, and a current vax. Now, they’re back to pre-covid normal as of Oct. 1. Yahtzee!

AroundWorldFrog

Canada just ended all their Covid requirements for visitors entering the country. We’re going with friends on a New England cruise over Halloween that stops in Halifax one day, so we got a notice a few weeks ago from the cruise line that all Canadian laws applied to the entirety of the cruise, including some online forms, mandatory testing within 48 hours of departure and the Canadian stop, and a current vax. Now, they’re back to pre-covid normal as of Oct. 1. Yahtzee!
Cool, so unvaccinated MLB players that can't enter on September 30th can on October 1st?

SciENce

FROG2597

Interesting how this will effect our illegal immigration problem. Assume illegals will boat around the US to Canada for asylum in order to avoid US COVID restrictions from allowing them into the US. Oh yeah, never mind.

Frog79

Honestly can't believe anyone would get vaccinated, boosted, or whatever at this point.

Maaaaaybe if someone is old and not healthy, but I'm not even sure about those people.
There is no proven overall morbidity or mortality benefit in any age group including the old and unhealthy. In fact, Pfizer's own 44,000 person trial showed a 24% higher death rate in the vaxed group. These gene therapy "vaccines" were known by Pfizer to have caused over 1200 deaths less than two months after they got emergency approval. The swine flu vaccine killed 26 people during a similar time frame and it was immediately yanked from the market.

There is no way these Covid jabs should be on the market for anybody of any age. No wonder Pfizer tried to keep the data hidden for 75 years before a judge came in and made them start releasing it.

Frog79

In fairness, the Anthrax vaccine required like 5 or 6 shots. Of course that protected you from dying from Anthrax, so probably not a good comparison. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see some Dems make that argument.
Anthrax is an extremely deadly disease. The current Covid variants are way less severe so it would be hard to justify 5-6 shots for a cold-like illness even if the shots worked which they clearly don't. The Covid jabs do kill and maim a lot of folks so at least they have that kind of efficacy going for them.

HFrog1999

Millennials: Breathing air around people is super gross.

Gen X:

DizzyBeneficialGnu-max-1mb.gif

HFrog1999

I assume you mean with the Covid vaccine and not vaccines in general?

I can appreciate young people and kids passing on the Covid vaccine, with the notion that since severe disease is uncommon, let the immune system handle it. Same approach I think with not pushing too hard with the flu vaccine. I wouldn’t try to convince someone with strong opinions otherwise, although I do think those that choose to vaccinate under 30 are making the right statistical choice. I have vaccinated and boosted my teenagers, FWIW. (Come to think of it, they have been a little more disrespectful lately- maybe the CDC should be looking a little closer to that as a booster side effect!).

His points are valid (particularly the concern for eroding trust in vaccines) and they were debated at the ACIP meeting in September where the bivalent booster was recommended. I personally think the data supports vaccinating healthy young people at this point in the evolution of the disease but I can appreciate the alternate view.