• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Sorry for you loss and I wish there were some way you all could get retribution.
Our politicians made sure that would never happen. I don't think anybody truly appreciates how nefarious it was to give these drugmakers immunity for liability. It was disgraceful. They are going to make billions without consequences.

GW Bush passed the PREP bill that allows this, and Trump approved it for the COVID vaccines. So this one is on the Republicans.

Annnnd Jill Biden gets COVID. This line is getting laughable. How can anyone (other than the Covid cult) still believe this is science?

"The First Lady is double-vaccinated, twice boosted, and only experiencing mild symptoms," her communications director, Elizabeth Alexander, said in a statement. "She has been prescribed a course of Paxlovid and, following CDC guidance, will isolate from others for at least five days."
I still believe this is science and I’m not in the Cov… crap I’m in the Covid cult aren’t I?

(A joke, a joke- of course I realize I’m solidly in the Covid cult in this group’s eyes).

froginmn

I still believe this is science and I’m not in the Cov… crap I’m in the Covid cult aren’t I?

(A joke, a joke- of course I realize I’m solidly in the Covid cult in this group’s eyes).
Curious as to your take on this:

If the vaccine "was never supposed to prevent you from getting COVID, it was just intended to prevent you from getting very ill", then why the need for Paxlovid for all of these people?

Seems to me that we keep giving excuses for the vaccines and keep explaining with, "it would have been worse without it".

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Look familiar?

91995460_232573621405696_4419963965438689280_n.jpg
Message from the Chinese Communist Party about the events at IKEA:

“We are happy to report that all citizens shown escaping IKEA were able to make it to their homes safely as we all hoped they would. Unfortunately, all of them plus their families and neighbors coincidentally committed suicide later that night and then spontaneously combusted making an investigation impossible. We are truly perplexed why they would do this to themselves. Now please get back to assembling zippers or whatever you do. There is nothing else to discuss.”

If the vaccine "was never supposed to prevent you from getting COVID, it was just intended to prevent you from getting very ill", then why the need for Paxlovid for all of these people?

Seems to me that we keep giving excuses for the vaccines and keep explaining with, "it would have been worse without it".
I think the original hope was that it was supposed to prevent you from getting Covid (I.e stimulating a neutralizing antibody response), since most common cold coronaviruses don’t mutate much. And it did do a good job at generating a neutralizing antibody response against the original variant but not so much against the new variants. The vaccine definitely still protects against severe disease but paxlovid provides added protection for certain at risk for severe disease individuals.

Now that we are basically through the pandemic phase of the disease I think we are basically where we are at with influenza with a vaccine and antiviral (tamiflu) with a strategy to prevent severe disease. I suspect there will be a yearly or semi regular recommendation for both vaccines based on what is circulating with treatment with antivirals to reduce the severity and duration of symptoms particularly in at risk individuals.

HFrog1999

Science: Covid 19 is a novel virus that’s dangerous to the very old and very sick. We need to protect the vulnerable and investigate/develop effective affordable treatments.

Politics: We need to shutdown businesses, schools, churches, mandate people wear ineffective cloth masks, and make people beg to get their freedoms back

Marketing: We’re going to sell our shots to the government, the government is going to tax the people to pay for it, force them to take it, and not hold us liable when it injures people or doesn’t work. We’ll make Billions.

HFrog1999

Selling Drugs to sick people that Cure Disease

This Aint Enough Chris Tucker GIF

Selling Drugs to sick people that Treat Disease

Money Dollar GIF

Selling Vaccines to Healthy people that prevent disease

Make It Rain Thumbs Up GIF

Selling Vaccines to Healthy People that don't prevent disease. selling them booster shots every few months, then selling them a drug to treat the disease

episode 1 mayweather GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Frog79

I think the original hope was that it was supposed to prevent you from getting Covid (I.e stimulating a neutralizing antibody response), since most common cold coronaviruses don’t mutate much. And it did do a good job at generating a neutralizing antibody response against the original variant but not so much against the new variants. The vaccine definitely still protects against severe disease but paxlovid provides added protection for certain at risk for severe disease individuals.

Now that we are basically through the pandemic phase of the disease I think we are basically where we are at with influenza with a vaccine and antiviral (tamiflu) with a strategy to prevent severe disease. I suspect there will be a yearly or semi regular recommendation for both vaccines based on what is circulating with treatment with antivirals to reduce the severity and duration of symptoms particularly in at risk individuals.
I am getting tired of misinformation getting thrown around here. Where is your proof that "The vaccine definitely still protects against severe disease"? There is none, at least not from any statistically valid and properly controlled study. Anecdotally there did seem to be some protection against severe disease early on but there is now absolutely none with the current variants. Just the fact that >90% of covid deaths (at least in countries that honestly report the data) are currently vaccinated people should disabuse anyone of the notion that these gene therapy shots protect against anything, much less severe disease.

Bob Sugar

I am getting tired of misinformation getting thrown around here. Where is your proof that "The vaccine definitely still protects against severe disease"? There is none, at least not from any statistically valid and properly controlled study. Anecdotally there did seem to be some protection against severe disease early on but there is now absolutely none with the current variants. Just the fact that >90% of covid deaths (at least in countries that honestly report the data) are currently vaccinated people should disabuse anyone of the notion that these gene therapy shots protect against anything, much less severe disease.
But it would have been way worse...

Eight

macho-man-flying-elbow-drop.gif