• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

CountryFrog

Interesting personal COVID experience that I think shines a light on a lot of the lunacy around all this. I'm vaccinated, my wife is not. We're attending an event tomorrow night where you either have to be vaccinated or show a negative COVID test. So she went to get tested today. None of us have any symptoms at all so we're totally expecting a negative testand no issues. She tests positive. Ugh.

So just for [ #2020 ]s and giggles I went to get tested a few hours later. Also positive. Again, none of us have even small symptoms. Not even the slightest fever. Nothing. Around the same time I'm getting my positive test I get a text from the wife that she went somewhere else to get tested and came back negative.

So what the scheiss are we even supposed to believe. No symptoms whatsoever. We feel totally fine. But we're one negative test out of 3. So at least one of those test results was wrong. And if it was only one wrong test then we are the most asymptomatic of asymptomatic people out there.

So we'll be attending the event. Me with my vaccination card. Her with her negative test. Maybe with COVID. Maybe not. Who the scheiss knows. But following all required guidelines.

Frog-in-law1995

Interesting personal COVID experience that I think shines a light on a lot of the lunacy around all this. I'm vaccinated, my wife is not. We're attending an event tomorrow night where you either have to be vaccinated or show a negative COVID test. So she went to get tested today. None of us have any symptoms at all so we're totally expecting a negative testand no issues. She tests positive. Ugh.

So just for [ #2020 ]s and giggles I went to get tested a few hours later. Also positive. Again, none of us have even small symptoms. Not even the slightest fever. Nothing. Around the same time I'm getting my positive test I get a text from the wife that she went somewhere else to get tested and came back negative.

So what the scheiss are we even supposed to believe. No symptoms whatsoever. We feel totally fine. But we're one negative test out of 3. So at least one of those test results was wrong. And if it was only one wrong test then we are the most asymptomatic of asymptomatic people out there.

So we'll be attending the event. Me with my vaccination card. Her with her negative test. Maybe with COVID. Maybe not. Who the scheiss knows. But following all required guidelines.
Murderer.

Slomo37

Similar experience here…girlfriend had been feeling rough - tired, occasional cough and when finally convinced to test…result positive. We didn’t restrict interactions at all and I start feeling crappy days later. Go get tested - negative. Currently feel like crap (as in a cold). Both of us are vaccinated since we work in healthcare.

Best friend’s mother, who is unvaccinated and what I would consider high-risk, tested positive a few days ago…no symptoms whatsoever. She only tested because she flew in to visit and my friend’s wife requested it.

Currently debating on whether to go to the show we have tickets to tomorrow night.

CountryFrog

Tests just need to go the darn away. Stay home if you're sick/have fever, like we've always done. That's about it at this point...
Testing asymptomatic people at this point is one of the dumbest and most worthless things still happening with all this. Finally more and more sports leagues and other businesses are starting to realize this.

What's even dumber is the idea that testing healthy unvaccinated people before they attend an event will be productive while allowing the vaccinated to walk right through even if they're hacking their lungs up and sneezing all over everyone.

An-Cap Frog

We have a drive through facility near work. They don't watch you at all...very easy to get a negative test...

TCURiggs

Testing asymptomatic people at this point is one of the dumbest and most worthless things still happening with all this. Finally more and more sports leagues and other businesses are starting to realize this.

What's even dumber is the idea that testing healthy unvaccinated people before they attend an event will be productive while allowing the vaccinated to walk right through even if they're hacking their lungs up and sneezing all over everyone.

Blows my darning mind. This crazy gal I grew up with, who didn't seem crazy back then but is definitely crazy now (I've talked about her before in here), put this on her Facebook a few days ago:

Update: he’s negative!
There’s a whole little generation of budding readers honing their craft in line for Covid tests. (Just precautionary, no symptoms or known exposure.)

It was a picture of her young son reading a book in the covid test line, for some damn reason.

Mental illness at this point, IMO.

CountryFrog

Blows my darning mind. This crazy gal I grew up with, who didn't seem crazy back then but is definitely crazy now (I've talked about her before in here), put this on her Facebook a few days ago:

There’s a whole little generation of budding readers honing their craft in line for Covid tests. (Just precautionary, no symptoms or known exposure.)

It was a picture of her young son reading a book in the covid test line, for some damn reason.

COVID Stress Disorder

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Covid is a mental disease.

Last edited:

r7commish

I just got back from Chicago after being there the last two days. I was at a conference where we had to agree to a Covid behavioral checklist before they would give us our badge. Masks were required at all times in the conference center, exhibit hall, sessions, etc. Of course, once the day ended and the evening conference social started, the hotel lobby bar opened or at the all conference awards luncheon it was back to normal life with hundreds of people in close proximity to each other maskless.

froginmn

I just got back from Chicago after being there the last two days. I was at a conference where we had to agree to a Covid behavioral checklist before they would give us our badge. Masks were required at all times in the conference center, exhibit hall, sessions, etc. Of course, once the day ended and the evening conference social started, the hotel lobby bar opened or at the all conference awards luncheon it was back to normal life with hundreds of people in close proximity to each other maskless.
That sounds turrible. I would have developed a cough a couple days before that conference.

froginmn

Both Minneapolis and St. Paul are currently requiring proof of vaccination or a negative test to eat in a restaurant. My wife and I refuse to show our vax cards because of the overreach, so instead of eating in St. Paul we drove across a bridge to a neighboring suburb. Felt cathartic.

tcudoc

Gourds are a known cause of false positive COVID-19 tests.