• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

I disagree. I have not seen that mentality at all. I think it has more to do with what news channels you have tuned into.
The older people in my family, even the ones who watch conservative news, have been the ones taking the pandemic most seriously (getting vaccinated as soon as eligible, wearing masks regularly, etc.), so I thought maybe that might explain how 1 in 5 ish Republicans supported "keeping people who refuse the vaccine at home at all time except for emergencies". But I was wrong (at least according to that data). It trends that younger people are more likely to support that.

HFrog1999

The older people in my family, even the ones who watch conservative news, have been the ones taking the pandemic most seriously (getting vaccinated as soon as eligible, wearing masks regularly, etc.), so I thought maybe that might explain how 1 in 5 ish Republicans supported "keeping people who refuse the vaccine at home at all time except for emergencies". But I was wrong (at least according to that data). It trends that younger people are more likely to support that.

Public Schools and Colleges have been indoctrinating students to accept more authoritarian leftist government policies

LVH

It's a big gamble for them because you can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.

The ruling class has spent the last 2 years attempting to scare the ever loving [ #2020 ] out of people, and there are too many people they have brainwashed via fear mongering who are in it too deep to just reverse course and say "Oh well this isn't so bad, I'll stop living in fear and move on with my life"

Bob Sugar

Also breaking: millions of people suddenly want to move to Scotland.

143db6df-6cbd-4745-ba7e-feaed89e7584_text.gif

vicarfrog

The 5th dose will do it. I just know it will!

I took 2 doses of Moderna. I'm not touching any boosters. Glad to be vaccinated with no regrets so far, but those boosters are a myocarditis machine for men 16-40. Look up the legit studies coming out of England. The risk of the booster outweighs the benefits gained. At this stage, I would rather be vaccinated and face Covid. Which I did. I have now been "boosted" with Omicron.

The idiocy of the American response is we left no room for nuance. Masks work (well, actually n95s and surgical masks a little), the vaccines are 100 % safe and you have to receive 2 doses and then a booster, never mind if you've already had Covid.

Very few debates, very few randomized control trials, very sad time for real science. Now we have the cult of "The Science."

LVH

I took 2 doses of Moderna. I'm not touching any boosters. Glad to be vaccinated with no regrets so far, but those boosters are a myocarditis machine for men 16-40. Look up the legit studies coming out of England. The risk of the booster outweighs the benefits gained. At this stage, I would rather be vaccinated and face Covid. Which I did. I have now been "boosted" with Omicron.

The idiocy of the American response is we left no room for nuance. Masks work (well, actually n95s and surgical masks a little), the vaccines are 100 % safe and you have to receive 2 doses and then a booster, never mind if you've already had Covid.

Very few debates, very few randomized control trials, very sad time for real science. Now we have the cult of "The Science."

The COVID response has been about one thing - maximizing profits for big pharma and those politically connected to them.

Eight

Went to the Stock Show today, was stunned at the lack of masks. Not many at all. You would think those who would exhibit or patronize the Stock Show would be super maskers.

you mean people who want to be around livestock that is crapping everywhere are worried about what they might be exposed to or breathe?