• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

LVH

My company did a pretty good job with the OSHA mandate. They told everybody that they intended to enforce it if it went into affect, but held out and kept us informed of all the delays.

It helped that there was quite a bit of backlash from employees. We had a fair percentage threaten to leave the company.

My company was going to do it but there was so much blowback they withdrew and then said they will wait and see how it plays out in the courts.

This is why I could not stomach those who caved and got the shot for "muh job". If everyone refused like we did at my company(5,000+ employees so its not a small one) then the mandate tyrants will back off.

Compliance is why this continues

LVH

Most HR people in corporate America are raging leftists.

Yes and I recommend you document their bias. The HR manager at my previous job was soliciting donations for democrats in HR emails after George Floyd. I screenshotted all of that and kept records. When I left that job(on my own accord) on the way out I let them know about it and they paid me $50,000 to not go public with it. I signed legal documents and everything. Not even joking.

Eight

Most HR people in corporate America are raging leftists.

my ex brother-in-law has a master in hr and was pissed a simple sales person could make more money than him with all his education

tried to explain to him that people who actually generate revenue and assets in a bizarre way are more valuable than those who are just another layer of expense and who only means of "increasing revenues" is getting rid of those who actually bring in money, but my thoughts on this could be skewed because he was a raging arsehole even compared to me

don't even ask me about my thoughts about it security people and how they have surpassed underwriters as the biggest impediment to business

froginmn

Yes and I recommend you document their bias. The HR manager at my previous job was soliciting donations for democrats in HR emails after George Floyd. I screenshotted all of that and kept records. When I left that job(on my own accord) on the way out I let them know about it and they paid me $50,000 to not go public with it. I signed legal documents and everything. Not even joking.
Sellout!

:cool:

my ex brother-in-law has a master in hr and was pissed a simple sales person could make more money than him with all his education

tried to explain to him that people who actually generate revenue and assets in a bizarre way are more valuable than those who are just another layer of expense and who only means of "increasing revenues" is getting rid of those who actually bring in money, but my thoughts on this could be skewed because he was a raging arsehole even compared to me

don't even ask me about my thoughts about it security people and how they have surpassed underwriters as the biggest impediment to business
Toby?

froginmn

People who aren't in sales don't understand how stressful the job is. Constant rejection along with the knowledge that if you don't sell you don't make money is a beating.

Ask him what happens to his compensation if he does an adequate job.

I've had three different primary job functions and sales was clearly the most stressful. Not because of amount of work but because of pressure to perform.

Also, ask him if he'd like to trade jobs with the sales people. If yes, say go ahead.

AroundWorldFrog

I really don't understand companies that pushed ahead like that, if they didn't want to require vaccination on their own.

Was VERY easy to take steps toward complying with the mandates while remaining in a holding pattern as my company did.

I feel like those other companies had colossally stupid HR people.

The only explanation is that they were trying to bully people into getting vaxxed and blaming the mandate and will now say they were acting in good faith.
I've been involved with few large companies where the HR team wasn't flaming liberals and I'm sure dying to get this passed. Granted they weren't based in Texas and mostly global companies.

HFrog1999

Yeah, and for every salesperson who makes more than him there’s probably 9 who were hired for the job, didn’t make hardly anything, and quit or got fired.

HFrog1999

This is why I could not stomach those who caved and got the shot for "muh job".

Well then, KMA

david schwimmer middle finger GIF

Of course, my boss threatened to fire me anyways this week if I don’t close another new customer. Never mind the fact that I’m one of only three reps in our group of 12 with a new customer in the past 60 days