1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. I'm not debating when or whether or if government officials are going to "release" people. I'm just giving my opinion on what people are going to do. And I'd be interested in how you think we'll know when we've "hit the peak" and whether that peak is acute or flat or what...when the full 2.something million Americans are dead as was predicted by some earlier in this crisis?

Eight likes this.
  2. I think they would look at all the data, but particularly the ICU and death curves to determine that.

3. We know, man. We know.

[​IMG]

TooColdU, RollToad, Westsider and 4 others like this.
  4. Same here.

5. I've experienced different attitudes this week from people and it seems to depend on where you live. I have been speaking with people in New York and Illinois that are doom and gloom and then I speak to people in Texas and Arizona and they have a more positive outlook it seems. Just interesting to me.

Horny 4 Life likes this.
  6. I'll do you one better. Yesterday afternoon we got a call from our daughter (who is still away at college because of internship and job). They got an alert from the University telling them that a student had gone to get tested for the coronavirus. Not that a student had tested positive but that a student had gone to get tested. So you don't actually need alarm at positive tests when you can generate alarm from potential positive tests.

7. I work with people across the country and this doesn't surprise me at all and wouldn't have for the last 25 or so years.

8. Is that any different than normal? I mean in general, before the outbreak?

9. And students no less, meaning they are more or less immune to the bad effects of the virus. I know, I know, they can transmit to other more at risk people, but we are doing a very poor job of addressing the real issue, which is old, sick people are very vulnerable to the disease. It's a one-size fits all approach to something that clearly isn't effecting everyone the same. Even state by state.

10. Have you ever read The Tipping Point? Glad well talks about how living in a dense population cluster like NYC hardens people and tends to make them both more isolated from others and also more paranoid.

11. if that’s the case then we must have a few posters who have lived in nyc their entire lives.

Chongo94, YA, TCURiggs and 1 other person like this.
  12. Kind of. The people I work with are typically pretty positive about things in general so it's interesting to see the differences. I get what you're saying though

13. People in the south and fly over states have a sense they can escape each other if need be.

YA and DeuceBoogieNights like this.
  14. Being reported the US just passed China in reported cases...

15. USA! USA! USA!
    We're #1! We're #1!

16. Man, every single day I think of that book about half a dozen times.

Paul in uhh likes this.
  17. lost it at titty or sock money.

ATC Frog, Salfrog, CardFrog and 4 others like this.
  18. Stopped reading at "Being reported"

MTfrog5 and AroundWorldFrog like this.
  19. #3919 stbrab, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    The key word being "reported". Outside of the media, does anyone believe the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] coming out of China? The Wuhan Chinese virus started there, their government tried to cover it up, and their government continually puts out inaccurate propaganda...including blaming the United States military. I think all of us need to remember who is to blame for this mess...the Chinese government.

China is asshoe!

20. Also being reported that several hundred have died in Iran after drinking methanol as a "cure". The press is working diligently at finding a way to blame Trump.