• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

HFrog1999

# masks4ever

There are probably thousands of toddlers who’ve never seen a stranger’s face. If and when this nonsense ever ends, they are going to FREAK OUT when they see unmasked people in public

Denver renews mask mandate as COVID-19 cases surge in Colorado​

BY
VINCENT DEL GIUDICE
AND
BLOOMBERG
November 23, 2021 3:24 PM CST

AroundWorldFrog

# masks4ever

There are probably thousands of toddlers who’ve never seen a stranger’s face. If and when this nonsense ever ends, they are going to FREAK OUT when they see unmasked people in public

Denver renews mask mandate as COVID-19 cases surge in Colorado​

BY
VINCENT DEL GIUDICE
AND
BLOOMBERG
November 23, 2021 3:24 PM CST
1637779272300.jpeg

HFrog1999

#masks4ever @KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

Fury as controlling bureaucrats demand millions of Australians wear masks through the Christmas season even though 95% will be fully vaxxed​

By Kylie Stevens and Sam McPhee For Daily Mail Australia

#masks4ever @KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

Fury as controlling bureaucrats demand millions of Australians wear masks through the Christmas season even though 95% will be fully vaxxed​

By Kylie Stevens and Sam McPhee For Daily Mail Australia
Yeah I’m a big mask believer when cases are increasing and local hospitals are busy. Helps get the Rt lower. When cases are low like in the south right now not much need.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yes, when cases are high and local hospitals are busy. I know you don’t agree, but my opinion is that they definitely help decrease the Rt of the disease.
Are you for diet mandates? You seem cool with all other mandates to save just one life. Obese people die at a greater frequency than non-obese people. And this study - just wow.

I can only assume you agree with mandating weight loss so we can save just one life, right?

Ok. Let’s play a what if. 100 percent vaccinated. People still getting sick. You still want masks?
First off, the reason cases are high is that there is a lot of waning immunity. We are seeing spread in vaccinated people who haven’t gotten their booster. Secondly, most kids are not vaccinated. So the proof is in the pudding. If the local hospitals are seeing a lot of Covid and local positivity rates are high, it’s time to wear masks to reduce the local Rt. One person wearing a mask only infect two instead of 5 might not seem like a lot but if you multiply that around town you can reduce cases and stress on the local medical system. Also once we get enough immunity from the vaccine and natural infections that we are no longer seeing severe disease, then no need for masks. It just depends on the burden of local spread as to when to use masks.

Are you for diet mandates? You seem cool with all other mandates to save just one life. Obese people die at a greater frequency than non-obese people. And this study - just wow.

I can only assume you agree with mandating weight loss so we can save just one life, right?
No I am not in favor of mandating weight loss.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
First off, the reason cases are high is that there is a lot of waning immunity. We are seeing spread in vaccinated people who haven’t gotten their booster. Secondly, most kids are not vaccinated. So the proof is in the pudding. If the local hospitals are seeing a lot of Covid and local positivity rates are high, it’s time to wear masks to reduce the local Rt. One person wearing a mask only infect two instead of 5 might not seem like a lot but if you multiply that around town you can reduce cases and stress on the local medical system. Also once we get enough immunity from the vaccine and natural infections that we are no longer seeing severe disease, then no need for masks. It just depends on the burden of local spread as to when to use masks.
So even 100 percent vaccination isn’t enough for you? Then what’s the point?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
We don’t have an effective treatment for obesity to mandate. Also weight loss is not a contagious disease that can be transmitted from one person to another.
But obese people die from covid more frequently than non-obese people. Why wouldn’t we try to stop that from happening? Don’t you want to protect everyone?

So even 100 percent vaccination isn’t enough for you? Then what’s the point?
The disease is a disease that will become an endemic disease. It will still be transmitted even after 100% vaccination plus natural infections. Over time as we get more and more immunity the severity of the disease will wane. In the meantime as it is still spreading, look to local spread and hospitalizations to determine if masking is appropriate. My guess is this will be the last winter where they are necessary.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The disease is a disease that will become an endemic disease. It will still be transmitted even after 100% vaccination plus natural infections. Over time as we get more and more immunity the severity of the disease will wane. In the meantime as it is still spreading, look to local spread and hospitalizations to determine if masking is appropriate. My guess is this will be the last winter where they are necessary.
Just to make sure I’m clear here - mandate things that have proven to be less than effective as advertised but don’t try to make people healthier and less susceptible to the disease is your stance? Why wouldn’t you want people to not be obese and less at risk? Don’t you want less diabetes, less sickness, less death?

Maybe obese people, since they are more at risk, should have to be locked down. If it would just save one life, of course.

Just to make sure I’m clear here - mandate things that have proven to be less than effective as advertised but don’t try to make people healthier and less susceptible to the disease is your stance? Why wouldn’t you want people to not be obese and less at risk? Don’t you want less diabetes, less sickness, less death?

Maybe obese people, since they are more at risk, should have to be locked down. If it would just save one life, of course.
Here’s where I’m coming from. We are still overwhelmed with Covid where I live. ICUs full, ER’s full. People still dying at increased rates. The reality is we are simply still in the pandemic phase of the disease. And in the pandemic phase you do what you can to limit morbidity and mortality and help with the stress on the medical system. So getting vaccinated, wearing masks, getting tested when sick to make sure not Covid, etc all helps. This won’t go on forever. We will get more immunity via the vaccine and natural infections and move into the endemic phase where hospitalizations and mortality go down to influenza like levels. I know most everyone here disagrees. But I call ‘‘em like I see ‘em.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Here’s where I’m coming from. We are still overwhelmed with Covid where I live. ICUs full, ER’s full. People still dying at increased rates. The reality is we are simply still in the pandemic phase of the disease. And in the pandemic phase you do what you can to limit morbidity and mortality and help with the stress on the medical system. So getting vaccinated, wearing masks, getting tested when sick to make sure not Covid, etc all helps. This won’t go on forever. We will get more immunity via the vaccine and natural infections and move into the endemic phase where hospitalizations and mortality go down to influenza like levels. I know most everyone here disagrees. But I call ‘‘em like I see ‘em.
It’s clear you don’t care about people you care about the narrative. If you cared about people you would push for everything to help save them. But you only care about the narrative. Disgusting.