• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Curious for @KillerFrog InD KitchenSink to respond here. Seems like this is a nice case study…. I guess I’m also curious what their death rate is looking like
I will try to put some effort into this and give it a whirl. I can understand the tendency to look at this data and say “see vaccines don’t work”. But it has to do with how the immune system works. Some viruses have neutralizing antibodies that persist forever (i.e. "immune", e.g. measles). Others wane over time- this happens with the immune response to most upper respiratory viruses. No one is ever completely immune to a cold or flu type virus, for example. Covid appears to be similar to other respiratory viruses- antibody levels wane over time. Antibodies help prevent disease- they are to the spike protein and when they bind to the protein, the virus is unable to enter the cell. The antibody levels after vaccination and some* natural infection are very good at preventing disease (95%+) in the first few months but after 6 months they drop off to the level that they are only maybe 50-60% effective. So at this point, 6+ months after most people got vaccinated (or infected last winter), we are seeing that immunity wane. The good news like you suggest is the T-cell and memory B cell immunity is still working- even though they get sick, vaccinated people basically get a monoclonal antibody bolus (along with other immune mechanisms) a few days after the infection starts that prevents propagation to a severe illness in most (but not all) people. The other good news is that the boosters seem to do a good job getting the antibody levels even higher. There is a chance that a booster 6 months later could provide long lasting don't-get-sick-immunity for maybe several years as happens with some immune responses. Sometimes the body needs a second exposure several months later to get a persistent protective antibody production. Remains to be seen if that will be the case with Covid.

Anyway the other variable is the virus itself. In the winter months the Rt (number of people on average each infected person infects) of the virus goes up. This is because people stay indoors with poorer ventilation. So even though there is still some protection from getting sick, the virus momentum in the winter months overwhelms that and you see high level spread. Over time as we get through the pandemic phase and more and more people have more immunity either through the vaccine, infections, or boosters we should see the disease become less and less impactful. Some think this could be the last "bad" winter that impacts hospital capacity.

So to summarize, waning antibody immunity combined with increased Rt in the winter months is why there is spread even in highly vaccinated areas.

*there are people who test positive but never even elicit an antibody response.

FrogUltimate

I will try to put some effort into this and give it a whirl. I can understand the tendency to look at this data and say “see vaccines don’t work”. But it has to do with how the immune system works. Some viruses have neutralizing antibodies that persist forever (i.e. "immune", e.g. measles). Others wane over time- this happens with the immune response to most upper respiratory viruses. No one is ever completely immune to a cold or flu type virus, for example. Covid appears to be similar to other respiratory viruses- antibody levels wane over time. Antibodies help prevent disease- they are to the spike protein and when they bind to the protein, the virus is unable to enter the cell. The antibody levels after vaccination and some* natural infection are very good at preventing disease (95%+) in the first few months but after 6 months they drop off to the level that they are only maybe 50-60% effective. So at this point, 6+ months after most people got vaccinated (or infected last winter), we are seeing that immunity wane. The good news like you suggest is the T-cell and memory B cell immunity is still working- even though they get sick, vaccinated people basically get a monoclonal antibody bolus (along with other immune mechanisms) a few days after the infection starts that prevents propagation to a severe illness in most (but not all) people. The other good news is that the boosters seem to do a good job getting the antibody levels even higher. There is a chance that a booster 6 months later could provide long lasting don't-get-sick-immunity for maybe several years as happens with some immune responses. Sometimes the body needs a second exposure several months later to get a persistent protective antibody production. Remains to be seen if that will be the case with Covid.

Anyway the other variable is the virus itself. In the winter months the Rt (number of people on average each infected person infects) of the virus goes up. This is because people stay indoors with poorer ventilation. So even though there is still some protection from getting sick, the virus momentum in the winter months overwhelms that and you see high level spread. Over time as we get through the pandemic phase and more and more people have more immunity either through the vaccine, infections, or boosters we should see the disease become less and less impactful. Some think this could be the last "bad" winter that impacts hospital capacity.

So to summarize, waning antibody immunity combined with increased Rt in the winter months is why there is spread even in highly vaccinated areas.

Thanks for response.

Mean Purple

"It's a safe and effective vaccine for young people."

You know what else is safe and effective for young people against COVID? Their own natural scheissing immune system!
keep in mind this is not a natural virus. this thing was super juiced in a lab. that grant application showed it was gain of function.

also, why is Fauci not in jail for his part in that?

Mean Purple

How long until they know?

Mean Purple

I would think at the end of this winter season/spring they will have a decent idea of the antibody level kinetics with boosters and whether they also drop down after 6 months or so or persist for a longer period.
so it is basically a repeat ... and then probably another shot. and they wonder why nobody trusts them. it was obvious what they were injecting would have to be at least annual. fauci mentioned three shots early on, then backed off after pfizer pitched a fit.

you want to get past this virus, snag fauci, take his sorry ass to a warehouse somewhere, and make that cheese dick talk. he signed off on that grant. he knew what they were doing. make him talk so we can get to the bottom of this.

he's a crooked little piece of [ #2020 ]. you can see it just by looking at him. it's a safe bet he molests kids.

AroundWorldFrog

so it is basically a repeat ... and then probably another shot. and they wonder why nobody trusts them. it was obvious what they were injecting would have to be at least annual. fauci mentioned three shots early on, then backed off after pfizer pitched a fit.

you want to get past this virus, snag fauci, take his sorry ass to a warehouse somewhere, and make that cheese dick talk. he signed off on that grant. he knew what they were doing. make him talk so we can get to the bottom of this.

he's a crooked little piece of [ #2020 ]. you can see it just by looking at him. it's a safe bet he molests kids.
Need Denzel Washington to go all Man On Fire on him.

PO Frog

I’m sure he and his parents are still happy they did their part to protect the other vaccinated people

It probably wasn’t the vaccine anyways, teenagers have strokes all the time.

If he’d gotten Covid without the vaccine, he might have had mild symptoms for almost a week
He did what the government told him to do so everyone should be happy. KitchenSink has to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

So this super cold going around doesn't scheiss around. I've been laid up in bed since Sunday AM and it's been brutal. Yesterday I tested negative for covid, strep and flu. Their only guess was the super cold. Went to the same clinic I got the jab and 2nd dose and 3 different people asked 1) if I was vaxxed 2) if I got the 2nd and 3) which one I got. Finally got pissed at answering the same question, much less talking bc it felt like I had swallowed a thousand needles and said "I got it all here...how do you not have that info?" Something about that going to another server in which they have restricted access after 30 days...[ What the heck? ]???

Anyway, my blood pressure was really high and BPM were high and they kept raising concerns between that and the jab. In the end they just gave me an inhaler and some cough syrup. I'm on the mend and maybe by tomorrow I'll feel close to 100 but the 1st 48 hours were absolutely brutal.

HFrog1999

So this super cold going around doesn't scheiss around. I've been laid up in bed since Sunday AM and it's been brutal. Yesterday I tested negative for covid, strep and flu. Their only guess was the super cold. Went to the same clinic I got the jab and 2nd dose and 3 different people asked 1) if I was vaxxed 2) if I got the 2nd and 3) which one I got. Finally got pissed at answering the same question, much less talking bc it felt like I had swallowed a thousand needles and said "I got it all here...how do you not have that info?" Something about that going to another server in which they have restricted access after 30 days...[ What the heck? ]???

Anyway, my blood pressure was really high and BPM were high and they kept raising concerns between that and the jab. In the end they just gave me an inhaler and some cough syrup. I'm on the mend and maybe by tomorrow I'll feel close to 100 but the 1st 48 hours were absolutely brutal.

Hope you feel better. My entire family had it last week. Sickest I’ve been in over 2 years.

PO Frog

Sorry about your blood clots