1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. The down market was all Trump’s fault. The recovery will belong to Pelosi or Biden or Cuomo or probably even Obama. It’s just how it works. It’s science.

2. I’m so tired of all the Twitter activity. Some is very beneficial but so many retweets it requires too much work to confirm the actual source, who they really are, and why I should GAF what they have to say.

AroundWorldFrog and Peacefrog like this.
  3. I actually like SARS 2- attack of the clones

Eight likes this.
  4. I drove into Pearland to visit my Folks on Tuesday. Mom was watching the 26 newscast that evening, and they had the County Judge's news conference on. She is clueless at best. I think the only other time I saw her was during the La Porte fire last year, and she hasn't improved a whit.

Somewhere, Ed Emmett is hoisting a [ the old ricardo ]tail and laughing...

5. A little humor may be in order. After reading the past couple days on this thread this struck me as appropriate.

[​IMG]

Sweat Equity likes this.
  6. Pro tip: you shouldn’t.

Dogfrog and Mean Purple like this.
  7. I saw the news conference where Andrew Cuomo was screeching about needing 30,000 ventilators, and that is was all Trump's fault he didn't have them. Funny, but The Governor could have bought a lot of ventilators in 2015 (cost: $538,000,000) when he was urged to do so by his own Medical Board. But he didn't. Instead, he pissed away $900,000,000 on a solar panel factory. So now he wants the Feds to bail him out of a crisis that he is partially responsible for.

In thinking about New York City, it is amazing that they get by at all, considering the fools who run the place. I saw this story just today: https://thefreethoughtproject.com/n...s-hauling-covid-19-supplies-impounding-cargo/ Seems that truckers hauling supplies into the City or to points beyond were ticketed and had their trucks impounded for parking overnight in a restricted neighborhood.

Bravo, NYC. Bravo.

8. But damn it is entertaining. Search #TigerKingNetflix. Wife and i have knocked out 5 of the 7 episodes in the last two nights, and last night i went to that hashtag. Had me in tears.

Also, we just lived through the shortest bear market in history with the market rallying 20% in the last 3 days. Congrats everyone.

Yes, we'll probably have some pullbacks, but stay positive and avoid watching or listening to doomsday people, unless it's just for entertainment purposes.

jake102, Peacefrog and Ron Swanson like this.
  9. What the scheiss is twitter?

TCUdirtbag likes this.
  10. I've liked every single asshoe post in this thread until this one.

Putting "an" in front of asshoe was a buzzkill for me.

11. Cuomo actually hasn't mentioned Trump negatively by name (much, anyway can't say never), just the Federal government in general. He's actually used flattery with Trump directly. Obviously that is because he needs his help, but I also think it is a good technique. Say good things about/to Trump when you get what you need, complain about the "Feds" when you don't. They kinda speak the same language, really.

12. Reminds me a little bit of when a group of us arranged for a large truck to carry up 35 generators to NY/NJ during the aftermath of Sandy but they sent it back because it wasn’t union labor to load and unload.

13. Showtime Joe 2.0 and Paul in uhh like this.
  14. I’ve had most of the Cuomo press conferences running in the background since our office moved to remote operations early last week (all 145 employees!). Cuomo has been generally complementary of Trump’s responsiveness to NY’s needs. He was frustrated during one a couple of days ago, but I don’t recall him calling Trump out specifically.

Sweat Equity likes this.
  15. and the success the doc is having with it in the northeast.

16. Numbers will rise because a huge share of the tests given have had almost a week timeframe to get results back. (shipping something to a federal agency tends to have that result). So it may take a couple of weeks for a reliable data set for guidance.

Thank her for her service.

Kinda ticked that some folks were promoting a panic side of all of this, instead of just the serious reality of it. 90 percent of the people tested show negative and instead have other respiratory illnesses based on nationwide numbers a couple of days ago.

Paul in uhh likes this.
  17. well, something good came out of all this.
    (in before vast majority of Americans)