1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. I am hopeful. I watched Fauci on Cuomo’s show and he seemed to be operating under the assumption it could be seasonal. Of course that would mean it could come back in the winter. Really need a good treatment to be developed. Get through the surge, seasonal decline and successful treatment developed this summer would be a good scenario.

YA, stbrab, 4th. down and 2 others like this.
  2. Don’t screw this up Pelosi.

Salfrog likes this.
  3. Now see, this is like normal common sense posting. More of this dammit.

4. Where the tea party at?

5. Moose Stuff likes this.
  6. You seem pretty smart but your petty partisanship is really off-putting and makes me disregard everything you say. Since you don’t do the football watching schedule posts anymore, there really isn’t much to counter-balance your nastiness. Thought you might like to know.

7. What’s happening Thursday? Better things to do?

8. They’re giving the House 24 hours ...

Sweat Equity likes this.
  9. They voted for it, as they should have.

TCURiggs likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. Being a retired physician, what are your thoughts on telemedicine?

I have quite a few clinics I work with from small to physician groups of large IDN’s that are closing to patients, and moving to telemedicine only.

This segment has obviously picked up in the last year, and exponentially in the last month,

To your point about coming out with a different business model, it will be interesting to see how many clinics add this temporarily, and/or make it a permanent part of their business model moving forward.

12. a bit of a jab, totally uncalled for and frankly im offended. how dare you politicize this.

but since you brought up spending, aside from this stimulus and CV, when things were good - government spending was out of control. and the scary part is that R’s were in power. when do the R’s get back to less government spending? less government spending is what i really like about R’s but sadly that seems to be totally going away.

im sure this will enrage some on here so here’s a graph of what I’m referring to: https://apnews.com/f26c8c00b2eb4f98b84cd6921cca2fdb

YA, Hoosierfrog and 4th. down like this.
  13. I’m not advocating that it does or doesn’t work, I have no idea. But I do know as soon as POTUS mentioned the drug combo, we sold out almost immediately.

Point being, you’d be surprised at where some docs get their research from. I don’t imagine there was enough time for these doctors to fully understand the science behind it yet, but they understand the supply chain and know how quickly these drugs would become unavailable due to the presidents mention on national TV. A lot of them are gambling a bit to ensure they have what they need.

I suspect if it turns out this combo really isn’t effective, I’ll be getting a few calls.

AroundWorldFrog likes this.
  14. just a reminder that TXFrog’s original post in this thread was that CV threads were turning too political. how dare you people totally ignore him.

15. Important, but left out or didn't see it. Hope more details/specifics coming. Is "income" adjusted gross income or taxable income? Makes a big difference. Also not mentioned or I didn't see it: Is the payment taxable? Like with unemployment, the government gives you money, but it is taxable income. You're going to get a 1099 later to file with next year's (2020) tax return.

16. Yep, and it reminds me of legalized criminal activity. The Performing Arts, Kennedy Center, Peace Corps, Illegal Aliens, etc., pathetic.

17. I’ve been really consistent on what I think I important right now. We are clearly on the upslope of the infection curve and we have to take this social distancing really, really seriously during this part of the curve. The better we are at social distancing right now, the lower the peak. Some places will be able to maybe even contain the virus and can keep it down with testing and contact tracing and not even have an “outbreak” at all. NY, Atlanta, New Orleans, CO It’s too late- they are probably going to have to mitigate with getting more makeshift hospitals, vents, PPE, but even then social distancing can help keep the peak down. Last few days I’ve been trying to counter this notion that the virus is not as big deal as everyone hears (“been around for awhile, mostly mild, etc”) and the social distancing is a cure worse than the disease. Let’s get through this part of the curve with consistent messaging from the President al the way down to each one of us. For the sake of health care workers and the unfortunate patients with severe disease. This (social distancing) won’t last forever- but it’s the best we got right now.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  18. You owe me some "likes" for doing your homework...:)

From the same article:

Are the checks taxable? No, they are not taxable. The only catch is that technically a person’s 2020 income is what is qualifies them for the payment. Since no one knows their total 2020 income yet, the government is using tax returns from 2019 and 2018 to figure out who qualifies for a check. It is possible that someone may have to pay back some of the money if his or her income this year turns out to be significantly more than it was in 2019 or 2018. That’s expected to be a relatively small share of people, and the money would not have to be paid back until April 15, 2021.

From another source:

Will I qualify to get a stimulus check?

If you earn too much money, you won’t qualify.

Individuals are eligible for the full amount if they have adjusted gross income of up to $75,000 a year. The payment is reduced for singles earning up to $99,000. If you earn more than $99,000, you get no benefit.

For married couples who file a joint tax return, you get the full amount if your adjusted gross income up to $150,000. If you earn up to $198,000, you will get a partial payment. Married couples who earn more than $198,000 get no payment at all.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...ulus-checks-from-coronavirus-relief-bill.html