• The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Gotta be more specific when laughing at NYC.
why-not-all.jpg

Masks aren’t meant to prevent spread, they are meant to slow spread. There is a difference. I get the simplistic interpretation that if there is any spread, then what we are doing isn’t helping. Spread doesn’t mean what we doing is not helping. It’s relative to what it would it would be like without the intervention. Also true of vaccines.

CountryFrog

Masks aren’t meant to prevent spread, they are meant to slow spread. There is a difference. I get the simplistic interpretation that if there is any spread, then what we are doing isn’t helping. Spread doesn’t mean what we doing is not helping. It’s relative to what it would it would be like without the intervention. Also true of vaccines.
This right here is just the worst fallback argument of them all imo. "Oh you think it's not working, just imagine how bad it would be without the masks!" Just a total hypothetical that you have no way of actually being able to prove and I can just easily counter with "Just imagine all the lives that wouldn't have been totally ruined (some ending in suicide) of we hadn't implemented these draconian measures for going on 2 scheissing years!"

Too bad we don't have any areas of the world going maskless to compare just exactly how much worse it might be.

Bob Sugar

And surely you have evidence from areas that didn't mask in the last 15 months where the spread was worse, right? Because pretty much everyone's peaks and troughs in July and the winter looked the same, regardless of mask mandates. Or are we just assuming again?

HFrog1999

Bill Bates wasn’t trying to stop Herschel Walker, he was just trying to slow him down

1788578_o.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I'd have more faith in masking if people knew how to wear a mask properly to slow the spread of an infections respiratory virus. Since I've seen no evidence of this in the last 18 months in any of my public interactions I can infer that masks are not the answer to this problem. In fact, we'd do much better getting back to my original thoughts a few pages back. Wash hands, sneeze into your arm, stay home or utilize curbside pickup if you have a cough or crazy seasonal allergies. That way people will be more mindful of what they're doing, what crap they have on their hands, and what they're touching without the false sense of security their face diaper that they haven't changed or washed in weeks gives them.

Eight

pretty amazing that some espouse the idea that we all should be masked because some choose not to vaccinate

where the hell was this type of thinking while i was spending hours in the pub inhaling second, third, and fourth hand smoke?