1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Did they specify what mask?

[​IMG]

2. Report, CDC Expected To Announce Tomorrow That COVID Vaccines Don’t Work on Delta Variant – Hence, White House Credits Trump With Vaccine Today

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...white-house-credits-trump-with-vaccine-today/

Good thing Biden has the media on his side so they can carry his water. Remember, he ran a single issue campaign, elect me and I will defeat COVID. Well 6 months into his presidency and here we are.

3. That's going to take some rather nifty gymnastics... perhaps they can call Simone Biles to help, I hear she isn't doing anything at the moment.

4. Whoever ghostwrites his tweets needs to be fired.

5. Here's Governor Abbott's new executive order preventing public entities in Texas from imposing vaccine mandates and mask mandates. Good for him!

6. It’s probably Hunter

[​IMG]

Showtime Joe 2.0 and Bob Sugar like this.
  7. Is he going to retweet that now and say, I'm fixing to go 0 for 3. Who's with me?

8. Showtime Joe 2.0 and froginmn like this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. Showtime Joe 2.0 likes this.
  11. Wow, what a complete disaster. The CDC completely screwed up the messaging.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/29/cdc-mask-guidance/

The war has changed’: Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
    The internal presentation shows that the agency thinks it is struggling to communicate on vaccine efficacy amid increased breakthrough infections

12. FWIW, this guy has called a few things early the last few weeks. I think he has a decent WH source, regardless of what you think of him.

Oh, and the timeline would be just in time for virtual school. I am sure the teachers unions would be thrilled. No way they’d have offered such a recommendation.

13. public entities being the key. we can all agree that private businesses should have the freedom and power to set their own rules although undoubtedly the public won’t understand this.

TxFrog1999 likes this.
  14. I think the shot is safe, I just don’t think it’s very effective.

If it were effective, given how many people have already had it, there’d be no chance of any major spike in hospitalizations, deaths, etc. A very high percentage of elderly and at risk people are vaccinated and yet that is still the group that is primarily being hospitalized. Can’t have it both ways. It’s just another political tool to point blame and/or take credit and further divide people.

15. If it’s safe, why do the pharmaceutical companies demand immunity from lawsuits before agreeing to sell it?

After I was hospitalized for pneumonia, I started to get the flu shot every year. I also convinced my wife to start getting it. A couple of years later she developed a crippling auto immune disease. Did the Flu shot cause? I don’t know. But I feel guilty for convincing her to get it.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22235050/

Autoimmune response following influenza vaccination in patients with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic disease
    K Perdan-Pirkmajer et al. Lupus. 2012 Feb.

TxFrog1999 likes this.
  16. Should have put "safe" in quotes. Obviously there are side effects in certain cases, but I'm not going to argue that COVID is something we are massively overreacting to because it effects a very small percentage of people and then say a vaccine that effects an even smaller number of people is dangerous. I know a lot of people that have had the vaccine and none are experiencing bad side effects. I just don't think it's all that effective, and it's not the be-all, end-all it's made out to be.

HFrog1999 likes this.
  17. Pretty good critique of Biden's plan to increase vaccinations by Geraghty at NRO:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/what-bidens-vaccination-plan-gets-wrong/

I get trying to encourage vaccines- I'm a huge proponent and it is clear we are far short of where we need to be to stem spread of delta, but I agree with most of his points. I do think the recently increasing cases and hospitalizations is the most likely thing that will drive those on the fence to getting the vaccine. We are already seeing increasing doses in the harder hit areas. I think the drop off in vaccination rate in May/June had as much to do with dropping infections and the feeling we might be at enough herd/natural immunity already as anything. But that clearly isn't the case so I suspect vaccinations will start increasing again on their own.

TxFrog1999 and HFrog1999 like this.
  18. thompson doesn't look so bad for a dead guy.....oh wait, you didn't mean hunter s, geeze he looks bad then

19. I still think they need to start distribution through primary care physicians. People trust their doctors.

The government could also encourage employers to give employees a couple of extra sick days after vaccination to deal with potential side effects.

Threatening and insulting people who haven’t gotten the vaccine yet will not be very effective.

CountryFrog, TxFrog1999 and Eight like this.