1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. think someone such as musk who has made it his calling to solve problems traveling the unconventional path at times could be highly effective in addressing logistic as well are research problems we face with covid-19 as he isn't bound by academic tradition of trained thought that at times leads to tunnel vision in making decisions

2. Short term, not overwhelm our ability to care for sick patients with COVID-19 (i.e. not exceed our ICU beds and respirator capacity). Super worried about the "all of us get sick at once" scenario. Long term, come up with an effective public health strategy that we can live with until vaccine produced, cure found or the virus peters out on its own.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  3. I don’t hate the POTUS - i voted for him last time around. but i think his handling of this entire situation has been a failure. i don’t hate his supporters - but i don’t like how his supporters are willing to give him a pass on everything.

4. this is a bad time to admit i live in houston.

Paul in uhh likes this.
  5. I am willing to give him a fairly big leash, considering that something like this has not happened in the lifetimes of anybody living currently. Has he made mistakes and will he continue to? Sure. But let’s not act like every president will deal with something like this has dealt with something like this. It’s not like the path to victory was clearly laid out my numerous administrations before him.

It reminds me of the harsh criticism Bush got in the media in the weeks and months after 9/11 which was also an unprecedented world-changing event.

i’m not saying we should give trump license to do anything he wants but maybe this situation deserves more slack than normal day to day operations.

6. LOL ... you are incredible !

7. So saying that the President told people to drink cleaning supplies is factually accurate in your world?

AZfrogs and AroundWorldFrog like this.
  8. Up 1800.....

Pressing my luck.....

Moose Stuff is asshoe.

9. Dispute anything he said with facts.

10. Better not land on any whammies

11. if there’s one thing you should listen to me about (probably the only thing, let’s be honest): watch tiger king on netflix.

it’s unbelievable. you gotta see it for yourself - words can’t do it justice.

frogtwang, YA, tcumaniac and 2 others like this.
  12. 3rd time I've heard that today.

13. I'm pretty sure he meant in the medical community and government reserves. There is lots of smoke to indicate this is true.

14. Watch it? Mrs Pharm and I lived it to an extent. Went to Wynnewood twice when people came to visit us and begged us to take them there. I've watched the first episode and that may be enough for me. I hated every moment I was there and the drive to and from and the lingering feelings that this whole thing was so very wrong on levels I can't even comprehend.

15. Pretty sure he's talking about the continued calling of Trump and his supporters names and insinuating we're all stupid. I'm a lot of things, but stupid ain't one of them.

tcumaniac likes this.
  16. oh [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] - really? ever meet joe exotic?

in college i drove 35 a lot and would see wynnewood and the billboards for it. unfortunately i never stopped which im really kicking myself for now.

17. This was the regulation that was undone a few days ago to allow for those masks to be sold to hospitals....

Under U.S. law, masks for health-care workers typically have to be manufactured on production lines certified by the Food and Drug Administration. Masks for construction workers and other industrial users are approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, or NIOSH.

The new liability protection allows manufacturers and hospitals to provide some industrial N95 masks to medical workers without fear of being sued if the masks fail, said Johnson, who helped work on the legislation. The government now assumes liability, he said.

The liability protection applies to dozens of models of NIOSH-approved N95 masks, including disposable models, until October 2024, according to the legislation and a March 2 FDA letter. Johnson said his association is pushing for further legislation to cover more mask types that could be useful in the crisis, including reusable models.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ks-available-doctors-nurses-white-house-says/

Eight likes this.
  18. +1. Its great entertainment.

YA, MTfrog5 and Chongo94 like this.
  19. It’s hard for me to look at his one “husband” when he’s on tv. It’s like a don’t look but don’t turn away thing kinda cause the dude just looks like a meth addict ex-prison rodeo competitor with zero, and I do mean ZERO teeth!

20. Logistics, especially supply-chain have been Musk's biggest weakness.

Eight likes this.