1. The KillerFrogs

COVID-19 Threads

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by TxFrog1999, Mar 11, 2020.

1. It's not that much of a stretch to believe, that in order to participate in society in the future, you will have to:

1. Have proof of vaccination, otherwise corporation run stores wont let you shop in their stores, corporations wont hire you or will fire you if you are already employed and haven't been vaccinated. Will be enforced by Pete Buttigieg's Department of Transportation via vaccination passports

2. Denounce all ties to Trump, MAGA movement, or any other political ideology deemed "domestic terrorism linked" by the left. Companies will scour your social media, online posts, and any political donation history. If they believe you once supported Trump or still do, they will force you to renounce, otherwise you will fired because "we need to keep everyone safe".

Salfrog likes this.
  2. If you think #2 is some future prediction I have bad news for you.

3. when they held a roundtable at my wife's hospital about the vaccine several weeks back the question was raised as to whether or not employees would be required to get the vaccine.

a rep from hr was in attendance and was taken by the question, answering that the system would follow the same protocol on the covid vaccine as they have done with the flu vaccine in prior year. basically, the vaccine is provided to the employee and it is the employee's option to get the vaccine, if the employee opts out of getting the vaccine they are required to wear ppe while in the building in the past during the flu season.

to date the system has given one dose of the vaccine to over 35,000 staff members and select patients and are well on the way to completing the second dose (my wife received her second dose last week) and so far no staff member that my wife knows who did not take the vaccine has had their hours reduced, assignment changed , or any steps that would be viewed as punitive.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and TxFrog1999 like this.
  4. Me, when someone accuses me of having not having received the vaccine yet...

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus...nic-covid-19-vaccine-passport-vaccination-cdc

I'm with you, and I'm glad the public backlash against Ticketmaster was so severe that they had to publicly post a statement that they don't require vaccinations to purchase tickets. However, I don't trust the deep pockets that are behind the vaccine passport systems to just walk away. If the meetings I was involved in earlier last year with that group are any indication (I own a ticketing company) these people will lobby the new administration for regulations requiring a digital passport in the near future. That will most likely spill into other public areas of our society shortly thereafter.

7. Well, here we are.

I love the line..."Public health officials and infectious disease experts have said there is a high likelihood that Covid-19 will become an endemic disease, meaning it will become present in communities at all times, though likely at lower levels than it is now.

So there's a pretty good chance it's not going to be at the levels it is now, but there is a chance it'll be like this forever. I mean, who frames these questions? Is there a public health official out there who doesn't think there is a 100% chance that the virus will eventually be spreading at lower levels. Wait, I probably shouldn't have asked that question.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/mod...ave-to-live-with-the-coronavirus-forever.html

Salfrog likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

9. Who could have predicted that? I mean we've done a great job eradicating other respiratory viruses in the modern age. Right? Hmmm....

10. Showtime Joe 2.0, Salfrog and Eight like this.
  11. From this article...more "law for thee, not for me" from a government bureaucrat....

It is “more important than ever that the public stay at home”, the prime minister reportedly told a Cabinet meeting on Monday. However, Johnson has been accused of flouting the rules himself after he was seen cycling at Olympic Park on Sunday, seven miles from Downing Street, despite there being three other large London parks in closer proximity.

Meanwhile, Labour’s London mayor, Sadiq Khan, and other London councils are demanding that the government to force the closure of places of worship.

12. Almost every government in the world is now committing the same kind of horrific oppression we used to only read about in the Soviet Union and China.

13. Check out this “new” thinking around COVID. Hopefully Fauci will buy in on this around Jan 21.

Eight, Showtime Joe 2.0 and Salfrog like this.
  14. Kind of like King Cuomo suddenly proclaiming his distaste for lockdowns this week.... who could’ve ever seen that coming? Who?

15. And you loons said COVID would go away after the election.

It's the inauguration, dummy!

16. The father of an acquaintance got the Covid shot and was taken to the hospital the next day.

17. How is he doing?