• The KillerFrogs

Could we switch out one Tech QB OC for another

dawg

accept for that last call on 3rd and 1. For the life of me I can't understand how OC's can't understand that you don't turn a 1 yard need into a 6 yard gamble. qb sneak, rb up the middle, heck, pass. Nope, we go backwards.

This. Line up under center and get one yard. Also, the series inside the 10, up 21-3, where he called two passes after running it well. Go up 28-3 and Okie St probably taps.

Great playcalling otherwise.

asleep003

What we need is a Top Big &Ugly Oline recruiter and a real professional WRs coach and put Anderson behind a desk/moth balls. That's all we really need … it's tough out there and we can't continue this Charity nonsense … so there is a desk job for the inadequate chums of CGP. He's made these types of moves in the past after such seasons.

I'm 99.9% sure Saban has not 1 of these, much less 2 of these types on his staff in important position coaching rolls.

Wexahu

accept for that last call on 3rd and 1. For the life of me I can't understand how OC's can't understand that you don't turn a 1 yard need into a 6 yard gamble. qb sneak, rb up the middle, heck, pass. Nope, we go backwards.

I didn’t like the call but only because it was on 3rd down. I think you go straight ahead with a QB sneak there and if you don’t get it maybe run that play on 4th down. I wouldn’t have punted on 4th down if we had less than a yard to make. Hindsight is always great on play calls though, had Davis made it we’d be taking about what a great call it was.

tetonfrog

What we need is a Top Big &Ugly Oline recruiter and a real professional WRs coach and put Anderson behind a desk/moth balls. That's all we really need … it's tough out there and we can't continue this Charity nonsense … so there is a desk job for the inadequate chums of CGP. He's made these types of moves in the past after such seasons.

I'm 99.9% sure Saban has not 1 of these, much less 2 of these types on his staff in important position coaching rolls.

I want to give Thomsen more time before I call him a bust and demand a new OL coach. He coached up our OL last year and got four guys in the NFL after an awful 2016. Then, Thomsen recruited a top JUCO OT and he has shown improvement as the year progressed.

Our poor showing in the OL this year is because of the mess Tomsen inherited as we paid the price for years of recruiting misses. I want to see how these guys improve next year before I call for his dismissal..We will have two good OTs comng back to anchor our OL for 2019.

i do agree with you about our WR coach.

Moose Stuff

I didn’t like the call but only because it was on 3rd down. I think you go straight ahead with a QB sneak there and if you don’t get it maybe run that play on 4th down. I wouldn’t have punted on 4th down if we had less than a yard to make. Hindsight is always great on play calls though, had Davis made it we’d be taking about what a great call it was.

Gary would have punted. I’m 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% certain of that.

Js96

Did the spot on the run by Mule look bad? I have not seen on TV, but at the Gabe it looked like he got the First down.

HG73

The problem with Tech OCs is GMFP. He won't put up with a 3 and out that runs 9 seconds off the clock. I agree with him. Hurry up is good in spots and should be used that way. Not all the time, unless you want a defense like Tech.

Wexahu

Did the spot on the run by Mule look bad? I have not seen on TV, but at the Gabe it looked like he got the First down.

Was at the game and it sure looked like it was a first down. Sometimes on those though the knee will be down and the player kind of lunges forward to make it look like a bad spot. Might’ve been the case on that one.

TCURiggs

Just re-watched and it actually looks like it was a good spot. I thought it was a first down at the game last night, but I think they got it right after seeing it it on TV.

Armadillo

No.

Hell no!

Delete thread. BAN user.

Nothing I love more than quoting myself. However, I've thought it over.....bring in KK as our new QB Coach. Much like Dick Winder oh so many years ago!

KK has certainly left a lot to be desired as a head coach but he has developed some great QBs.