• The KillerFrogs

Could we switch out one Tech QB OC for another

y2kFrog

Just a point to ponder with KK. He had the best player on the planet as his QB for three years, and only managed to barely break .500 once.

Armadillo

I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Unlike. A lot.

No, seriously Moose, surely we could find someone besides Cumbie 2.0 to run our offense.

I won’t argue. You have you opinion and I have mine. But boy oh boy I’m ready for new blood. Someone who truly spreads the field and uses our speed.

I know KK is an offensive coach. But I’m ready to go another direction.

Respect. No fight!

Punter1

He will either sit out a year or go to an already established Top 15 program in need of an OC like Kiffen at Bama...raise his stock back up and go to the Pac 10 or SEC.

I think he would be a monster at schools like Tennessee, both USCs...Southern Cal and South Carolina...where he could recruit elite talent and have a defense. All three schools might be open especially Southern Cal.

Also Colorado just opened and if I'm their AD I'd hire Kiff in a second. And I think Coach O is just one season away from getting the can LSU and they've been dying for an offensive mind.

flyfishingfrog

Why WOULDN’T he do it? I’ve always gotten the feeling he and Gary get along pretty well. You telling me if we fire Sonny tomorrow (not happening) and offer KK a million+ to be our OC he’s not even gonna think about it?
My feeling is they get along but there is a little tension around the hiring of our current OC

But then I was surprised when cumbie came actually so you are right - anything is possible
First he would have to accept that he needs more time as an OC before his next HC job - not sure he will think that

froginmn

How good were the players around Mahomes? I didn't see them having anywhere near the level of talent as the top teams. To just say well, you had Mahomes so that should solve everything? It's not that simple.
Seems like the same argument could be made this year in support of our current OC. He's gone through three QBs and is now down to Reagor in the wildcat.

tetonfrog

Kliff hates GP........he used to have weekly meetings with mercham & Holgo on how to beat the frogs every week. There is no way he is coming here.

I could see him in Lawrence with Miles.

To be fair and to be honest, I thought tonight might have been one of, if not the best, jobs Cumbie has done at TCU. I'm a junkie so I'll go back and watch but from what I saw some of the route combinations and misdirection blocking schemes are things that we have not been able to successfully employ all year. I think they found something with Gaynor at center and Elliot at the left guard and Harris at right because the middle of the OL was actually decent and not getting blown up as they have in the past.

Horny4TCU

He's not head coach material. OC/QB coach for a team like TCU, sure. Learn from Patterson for few years, then maybe go be an HC somewhere. But he needs to learn a little defense.