• The KillerFrogs

Could we switch out one Tech QB OC for another

robbroyy

Kliff supposedly will get the ax today.

What are differences in what he runs and what Sonny wants to run. Obviously GP I’m pretty sure scales it back a tad to favor the run.

LVH

Why on earth would he come here?

He has to go somewhere, and he has to go somewhere where there is an opening.

Won't be an opening at A&M. Won't be an opening at Baylor. Won't be an opening at OU. Can't go back to Tech obviously.

Texas could make a run for him but Herman ultimately calls the shots there. At TCU he would be given near 100% control over the offense.

Oklahoma State could go after him too if they decide to part with Yurich and he would also have more control than he would have at a place like Texas.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new staff at Kansas, and the new one at K State if Snyder leaves, goes after him too.

I hope Patterson decides to go after Kliff, at least try. If we don't chances are another Big 12 school will. He has a proven track record as an OC and in today's game its a dog eat dog world. If a good candidate who would be a good fit is out there you have to go after him. It's what we did with Trent Johnson and Jamie Dixon. Trent Johnson probably could have and should have gotten another year, but Dixon was out there.

LVH

To learn how to be a head coach?

Kidding - he would never do it but he needs to go back to being an OC somewhere if he wants to be successful

He has only proven that his success at Aggy was Johnny Football - not his coaching

I think he was pretty good at UH with Keenum.

He also has a lot of playcalling experience, something Cumby didn't have before we made him OC.

Frog-in-law1995

He has to go somewhere, and he has to go somewhere where there is an opening.

Won't be an opening at A&M. Won't be an opening at Baylor. Won't be an opening at OU. Can't go back to Tech obviously.

Texas could make a run for him but Herman ultimately calls the shots there. At TCU he would be given near 100% control over the offense.

Oklahoma State could go after him too if they decide to part with Yurich and he would also have more control than he would have at a place like Texas.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new staff at Kansas, and the new one at K State if Snyder leaves, goes after him too.

I hope Patterson decides to go after Kliff, at least try. He has a proven track record as an OC and in today's game its a dog eat dog world. If a good candidate who would be a good fit is out there you have to go after him. It's what we did with Trent Johnson and Jamie Dixon. Trent Johnson probably could have and should have gotten another year, but Dixon was out there.

Won’t be an opening at TCU either. KK would be very in demand as an OC. Not just in Texas/B12.

LVH

Won’t be an opening at TCU either. KK would be very in demand as an OC. Not just in Texas/B12.

Eat or be eaten. In today's college football game if there is a better option out there you have to go grab it, especially when our offense has been awful. If our offense was average it would be a dumb move, but since our offense has been unacceptable I think these are the tough choices you have to make.

Eight

herman is the defacto oc at texas and he wants an offense that is centered around the quarterback run game

that isn't kingsbury

game has put the breaks on a pass heavy hunh offense so that is a no on the air raid

also not sure why klif takes an assistant job when he can wait with they buyout money from tech

LVH

also not sure why klif takes an assistant job when he can wait with they buyout money from tech

I could see him going for an HC job instead of an OC job instead.

I've heard rumblings that Colorado might be interested in him.

Also you think some G5 teams might want him. I could see a school like UTSA firing Frank Wilson and hiring Kliff, or New Mexico hiring him once they show Bob Davie the door. I could even see Tulsa, UNLV, or Colorado State being interested.

Frog-in-law1995

Eat or be eaten. In today's college football game if there is a better option out there you have to go grab it, especially when our offense has been awful. If our offense was average it would be a dumb move, but since our offense has been unacceptable I think these are the tough choices you have to make.

Thanks, I’ll write that down.

flyfishingfrog

I think he was pretty good at UH with Keenum.

He also has a lot of playcalling experience, something Cumby didn't have before we made him OC.
Name a coach that came out of Houston and has performed up to expectations? To date there is only 1 and we know what he was willing to do to make it happen at Rape U

Herman is having a good year but far from proven

I think KK has been the worst case at Tech - not bad enough to fire given his status as a local hero but not good enough to win and make them relevant

Moose Stuff

To learn how to be a head coach?

Kidding - he would never do it but he needs to go back to being an OC somewhere if he wants to be successful

He has only proven that his success at Aggy was Johnny Football - not his coaching

Why WOULDN’T he do it? I’ve always gotten the feeling he and Gary get along pretty well. You telling me if we fire Sonny tomorrow (not happening) and offer KK a million+ to be our OC he’s not even gonna think about it?

He is going to the NFL as an OC.
There is a lot of smoke on that. That being said, if he wanted to stay in the college game and was willing to have the conversation, it would be a conversation worth having on our part. He would be a significant upgrade especially if he could bring in his own people to run the offense.