• The KillerFrogs

$$ cost for SMU Champion Club (basketball)

Brog

Wow, I know there are big spenders, but was surprised at how much this benefit costs. I guess ours are somewhere in that neighborhood? (Below from the SMU Forum)

Finally, access to the Miller Champions Club will no longer be tied to seat location; rather, access to the Miller Champions Club will be available to donors with a S15,000 (Triple Crown-level) gift or higher to the Mustang Club plus a S700 per ticket food & beverage fee. Access to the Hall of Fame Club will be available to season ticket holders in the first 12 rows of section 208 as well as donors with a S10,000 (Thoroughbred-level) gift or higher to the Mustang Club plus a S700 per ticket food & beverage fee.

LeagueCityFrog

I don't think Kansas even does this. SMU basketball demand that popular? Maybe they have to do this to get travel funds for football? Maybe basketball supports football there?

cuckoo4TCU

I only have any insight into this because one of my coworkers got hit with these crazy fees before this season. But he, along with a ton of other SMU alumns, refused to buy into the club section this year and threatened to not purchase season tickets at all because of how crazy expensive SMU was trying to make it. SMU ended up allowing him to continue to have access to the club for a fraction of the donation minimum seen above.

MTfrog5

Yeah I went on Pony Fans to see what they were saying before our game last week. I noticed they had some seat realignment or something because there were multiple complaints how it’s not the same home court as previous years

tetonfrog

I don't think Kansas even does this. SMU basketball demand that popular? Maybe they have to do this to get travel funds for football? Maybe basketball supports football there?

KU has something similar at Allen Field House. My folks go to the club before every game (they are season ticket holders). It is a perk for season ticket holders who are Williams Fund (general sports scholarships fund) members. It also allows the AD and other athletic department staffers to mingle with donors.

Basically, you can't buy season tickets without giving a minimum money amount to the fund ($25,000????). Pops is also a season ticket holder for football, women's basketball and baseball. He enjoys going to all the games (except for most football games) and it adds credit to the fund.

cuckoo4TCU

Yeah I went on Pony Fans to see what they were saying before our game last week. I noticed they had some seat realignment or something because there were multiple complaints how it’s not the same home court as previous years
They for sure had some sort or realignment for their seating. They tried to move my coworker from nearly center court to one of the corners if he didn't want to pay a ton more. He originally cancelled his season tickets all together, but then started getting blown up by the athletic department once they realized that hardly anyone wanted to pay the new insane pricing. SMU picked a bad year to try and jack up their tickets. They didn't make the tournament and their future outlook doesn't look nearly as bright as it did even a few seasons ago.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Wow, I know there are big spenders, but was surprised at how much this benefit costs. I guess ours are somewhere in that neighborhood? (Below from the SMU Forum)

Finally, access to the Miller Champions Club will no longer be tied to seat location; rather, access to the Miller Champions Club will be available to donors with a S15,000 (Triple Crown-level) gift or higher to the Mustang Club plus a S700 per ticket food & beverage fee. Access to the Hall of Fame Club will be available to season ticket holders in the first 12 rows of section 208 as well as donors with a S10,000 (Thoroughbred-level) gift or higher to the Mustang Club plus a S700 per ticket food & beverage fee.

Am I the only one that thinks they need to raise money to meet their payroll?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
how much do you have to give to be at the glue factory level?
tumblr_n8k6kyarlC1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg