• The KillerFrogs

Contender no one saw coming

punter9

Yea way too early. Everyone just got good film on our team. Gets a lot harder from here. Also [ What the heck? ] is everyone forgetting that we’ve been a good team for a long time. A few bad years and everyone thinks you’re Missouri state

ticketfrog123

Yea way too early. Everyone just got good film on our team. Gets a lot harder from here. Also [ What the heck? ] is everyone forgetting that we’ve been a good team for a long time. A few bad years and everyone thinks you’re Missouri state
Not making a bowl when you have 2-3 cupcake games a year is more than bad - that’s terrible.

We’ve had a consistent stretch of bad since 2019

you mean the quarterback who had the great game at baylor, but was forced into a offense that didn't fit his ability, and then the next year he practiced at multiple positions on a squad that was divided over who should be the quarterback?
Boy, kin..d of sounds familiar. The next phase of this flash back is when the head coach wants to slow the Offense down because the D runs out of gas against Baylor.

It is early but you have 2 big WR’s playing with confidence and 2 CB’s playing with that same confidence. Is Noah Daniels an NFL draft pick or is he trying to take back his CB1 position? The transfer from Louisiana looks like the real deal.

vicarfrog

I wish we could still be under the radar instead of getting all of this love. We are vastly improved, but that was not the OU of yesteryear…a few other people are going to beat them handily too. They suck something awful.

I think we beat KU, but this one…it’s going to be a nail biter.

ticketfrog123

you mean the quarterback who had the great game at baylor, but was forced into a offense that didn't fit his ability, and then the next year he practiced at multiple positions on a squad that was divided over who should be the quarterback?
Only people divided on who the QB should be were athletic trainers / equipment guys that knew nothing and thought joeckel was the guy

CountryFrog

I wish we could still be under the radar instead of getting all of this love. We are vastly improved, but that was not the OU of yesteryear…a few other people are going to beat them handily too. They suck something awful.

I think we beat KU, but this one…it’s going to be a nail biter.
Just wait until we beat Kansas by 30. You'll be saying they suck and everyone else will blow them out too the rest of the way.

JogginFrog

Another disturbing new TCU fan is Skip Bayless. Skip and Muck... kinda gives me the creeps.
It's only taken Skip 70 years to come around. A staple of my morning routine at TCU was to see what lunacy Skip wrote in his Dallas Times Herald column. Mid-'80s and I had never seen in print newspapers what would now be called clickbait. It takes some skill, I guess, to take the most outrageous position on any issue and attempt to wrap it in a convincing argument. I never thought he believed most of what he wrote--and it hasn't changed since he came to TV.

But I spent that quarter at least 3x a week though--and so did enough others that a bidding war broke out between the DTH and the Morning News for his and Blackie Sherrod's services.

My, how journalism has changed. But Skip's schtick was way ahead of its time.

vicarfrog

Having dined on that particularly bitter fowl before, I suggest laying in a supply of Sriracha sauce...
fire cash GIF