• The KillerFrogs

Contact the Fiesta Bowl NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmith03

All TCU Frog fans, please email the Fiesta Bowl and let them know if you do NOT want to see a TCU - Boise State matchup. I let them know that Poinsettia Bowl II would not be as intriguing as TCU - Cincinnati in the Fiesta. Email addresses: John Junker, Fiesta Bowl President (JJunker@fiestabowl.org); PRDept@fiestabowl....org; MarketingDept@fiestabowl.org; Tickets@fiestabowl.org

I just put the above comments on my Facebook status, and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Here is a copy of the email I penned to Mr. Junker:

[SIZE=10pt]Mr. Junker,
[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]My name is Daniel Smith, and I am an alumnus & fan of the TCU Horned Frogs. Let me start by saying a profound “thank you” for all of the attention you and your bowl committee have been giving to my school this year! I am writing to humbly request that the Fiesta Bowl select TCU for the Fiesta Bowl, however, with a caveat; I feel that it would be a significant misstep to select both TCU and Boise State for this game. While I highly respect the accomplishments made by Coach Petersen and his teams over the years, it is my opinion that a Horned Frogs – Broncos matchup would be less than ideal for both teams. As I’m sure you are aware, these two teams met in last year’s Poinsettia Bowl. While the matchup was intriguing, the TV ratings paled in comparison to even the least-watched BCS game.
[SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]It is my opinion that a TCU – Cincinnati matchup would be much better for your bowl. I have spoken with numerous other alumni from TCU, and even a few acquaintances who are Boise State graduates; the response has been overwhelming that neither fan base wants to see “Poinsettia Bowl II” this year, albeit on a BCS Fiesta stage. I am concerned about TCU’s success in bringing fans to Arizona, and I believe that if my schools team were matched against the Broncos, ticket sales and the number of fans traveling to the game would undoubtedly suffer.
[SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]I am sure that you are extremely busy today, but thank you very much for taking the time to read this communication. Again, thank you so much for the public respect you have expressed for the TCU Horned Frogs! We truly appreciate your vote of confidence!
[SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]Best Regards,
[SIZE=10pt]Daniel Smith
[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt][emaill address removed]
[phone number removed]
[/SIZE]

Seriously? Have you not been reading the Forum? Or maybe, at least, give it a quick read through before you post this?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Dec 6 2009, 02:05 PM) [snapback]468531[/snapback]
Seriously? Have you not been reading the Forum? Or maybe, at least, give it a quick read through before you post this?

Merch Frog= forum cop :biggrin:

joejordan

QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Dec 6 2009, 03:05 PM) [snapback]468531[/snapback]

I'm quite sure he has read this forum, prior to putting up the post. And I applaud him.

Way to take action, Jackson!

QUOTE(landfrog @ Dec 6 2009, 08:06 PM) [snapback]468538[/snapback]
Merch Frog= forum cop :biggrin:

BWAHAHAHA!! Busted! :biggrin:

But seriously...really?

QUOTE(crunch @ Dec 6 2009, 08:09 PM) [snapback]468542[/snapback]
I'm quite sure he has read this forum, prior to putting up the post. And I applaud him.

Way to take action, Jackson!

Point being, the Fiesta Bowl people have told Palm and Mandel "NO" to TCU/BSU. It's over. Let it go now.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Dec 6 2009, 02:09 PM) [snapback]468544[/snapback]
BWAHAHAHA!! Busted! :biggrin:

But seriously...really?

Gotcha! :tongue:

Allclearforfrogs, it has definately been an entertaining day. I have things to do, but keep checking back to KFC.

desmith03

QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Dec 6 2009, 02:05 PM) [snapback]468531[/snapback]

Seriously I haven't; when I heard that Fiesta was considering this (ESPN article), my immediate thought was to post this. If I have inconvenienced someone by posting a similar thread to an already extant one, thereby costing them 2sec of valuable time, I whole-heartedly apologize.

Regards,
Caring TCU Fan

QUOTE(Daniel @ Dec 6 2009, 08:17 PM) [snapback]468563[/snapback]
Seriously I haven't; when I heard that Fiesta was considering this (ESPN article), my immediate thought was to post this. If I have inconvenienced someone by posting a similar thread to an already extant one, thereby costing them 2sec of valuable time, I whole-heartedly apologize.

Regards,
Caring TCU Fan

Missing the point. I don't care about another thread being out there. I care that we are STILL sending e-mails to the Fiesta Bowl when they've already told 2 media members that they will not go with TCU/BSU.

P

PM Productions

QUOTE(Daniel @ Dec 6 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]468526[/snapback]
All TCU Frog fans, please email the Fiesta Bowl and let them know if you do NOT want to see a TCU - Boise State matchup. I let them know that Poinsettia Bowl II would not be as intriguing as TCU - Cincinnati in the Fiesta. Email addresses: John Junker, Fiesta Bowl President (JJunker@fiestabowl.org); PRDept@fiestabowl....org; MarketingDept@fiestabowl.org; Tickets@fiestabowl.org

I just put the above comments on my Facebook status, and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

[SIZE=10pt]Mr. Junker,
[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]My name is Daniel Smith, and I am an alumnus & fan of the TCU Horned Frogs. Let me start by saying a profound “thank you” for all of the attention you and your bowl committee have been giving to my school this year! I am writing to humbly request that the Fiesta Bowl select TCU for the Fiesta Bowl, however, with a caveat; I feel that it would be a significant misstep to select both TCU and Boise State for this game. While I highly respect the accomplishments made by Coach Petersen and his teams over the years, it is my opinion that a Horned Frogs – Broncos matchup would be less than ideal for both teams. As I’m sure you are aware, these two teams met in last year’s Poinsettia Bowl. While the matchup was intriguing, the TV ratings paled in comparison to even the least-watched BCS game.
[SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]It is my opinion that a TCU – Cincinnati matchup would be much better for your bowl. I have spoken with numerous other alumni from TCU, and even a few acquaintances who are Boise State graduates; the response has been overwhelming that neither fan base wants to see “Poinsettia Bowl II” this year, albeit on a BCS Fiesta stage. I am concerned about TCU’s success in bringing fans to Arizona, and I believe that if my schools team were matched against the Broncos, ticket sales and the number of fans traveling to the game would undoubtedly suffer.
[SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]I am sure that you are extremely busy today, but thank you very much for taking the time to read this communication. Again, thank you so much for the public respect you have expressed for the TCU Horned Frogs! We truly appreciate your vote of confidence!
[SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]Best Regards,
[SIZE=10pt]Daniel Smith
[phone number removed]
[/SIZE]

TCU going to the Fiesta bowl would bring the most fans, going to the Orange bowl would be VERY VERY bad for attendance, especially from students... Most students plan on going to the game if its in Glendale, few plan on going if its in Miami... Trust me, this is a bad idea... Tell him no Boise, but to take TCU as its first choice and if it means we play Boise, then so be it. Its best for TCU, dont mess it up.

joejordan

QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Dec 6 2009, 03:19 PM) [snapback]468568[/snapback]
Missing the point. I don't care about another thread being out there. I care that we are STILL sending e-mails to the Fiesta Bowl when they've already told 2 media members that they will not go with TCU/BSU.

And, you know, the media are always right. And nothing ever changes at the last minute.

"Well, the negative emails ceased around 1:15 pm, so we decided to go ahead with our original plans."

Spin-Meisters

halfwaytoheaven

not-this-again.jpg

nick

QUOTE(Daniel @ Dec 6 2009, 08:03 PM) [snapback]468526[/snapback]

[SIZE=10pt]Mr. Junker,
[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]
[SIZE=10pt]
[SIZE=10pt]
[SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]Best Regards,
[SIZE=10pt]Daniel Smith
[phone number removed]
[/SIZE]

You do not speak for the university or the football team. On top of that you sound like a tea sip whining about what the horns deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.