• The KillerFrogs

Conspiracy Theory

This. Refs made a big mistakes there at the end**. Duggans run where he wasn't down and the last three plays, pretty rough but I don't think they were malicious. The issue is that it opened the door for some off-the-field variables to be considered.

(that said, we had some 50-50 calls that went our way, both the targeting and 3rd down ball hitting the ground could have easily been called the other way)
They missed a huge PI on QJ late in the game where the KSU player kept QJ from being able to raise his arm to catch the ball. They also whiffed on the alleged “push off” by Hudson.

Pharm Frog

The surprising thing to me was the crew they chose to officiate this game. There are a couple of decent crews in the conference, but while who they chose wasn't the worst, it isn't one of those. I just think they are not very good.
This was their All Star crew.

Limey Frog

We didn't play well enough. There's no conspiracy.

For me the two moments that cost us were going deep on 3rd and 7 in our second possession when we were in no man's land on kick distance. I think you try to run or get a short gain underneath and set up a short 4th down. Instead we kicked a 55 yard attempt and missed. A few plays later we're tied at 7 after dominating the first quarter. That was a major momentum swing that we didn't recover from.

Also QJ's fumble. He was fighting for a big play because of the feeling of desperation. He should have just gone down, but-again-if we take a 14-0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter I don't think we're feeling desperate when he makes that catch at the end of the 2nd and maybe he sees four guys running at him and just goes down.

Eight

For me the two moments that cost us were going deep on 3rd and 7 in our second possession when we were in no man's land on kick distance. I think you try to run or get a short gain underneath and set up a short 4th down. Instead we kicked a 55 yard attempt and missed. A few plays later we're tied at 7 after dominating the first quarter. That was a major momentum swing that we didn't recover from.

Also QJ's fumble. He was fighting for a big play because of the feeling of desperation. He should have just gone down, but-again-if we take a 14-0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter I don't think we're feeling desperate when he makes that catch at the end of the 2nd and maybe he sees four guys running at him and just goes down.

on the first one that you point out, the view behind max showed a receiver, either quentin or savion coming across the field with the defender a step or so behind. the ball would have been caught short of the distance, but if that is q then i like the odds of him getting that first down, but as mentioned in the broadcast it seemed tcu was dead set on attacking the kstate corners when they had them in 1 on 1 situations. frogs did that multiple times early with q, savion, and hudson.

there were a number of things that went against the frogs this game such of the offensive pi which to me is a no call, but there were a few other plays where things were just off a bit

consider max missing taye wide open up the seam because in part he had to get rid of the ball due to pressure from the right.

how do things change if q can keep his feet on that deep ball in which the drive ended in the red zone interception? if he keeps his feet his scores, but he doesn't and the frogs get nothing out of the drive

plays like the td disallowed by the offensive pi and miller being called down short are very frustrating, but the frogs left a great deal of meat on the bone today and in the end that as much as anything cost them.

Limey Frog

...the frogs left a great deal of meat on the bone today and in the end that as much as anything cost them.
Yep; in games where fans are dissecting refereeing mistakes after it's always really this. Leave no doubt; leave nothing to the refs.

Wexahu

Yes, I thought the try from 55 yards was dumb. They hadn’t moved the ball at all to that point, punt the ball and pin them back if you’re not going to go for it.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
The surprising thing to me was the crew they chose to officiate this game. There are a couple of decent crews in the conference, but while who they chose wasn't the worst, it isn't one of those. I just think they are not very good.
This was not a crew who worked together during the season. They were individuals picked by the league...but all were Big 12 officials.

Eight

This was not a crew who worked together during the season. They were individuals picked by the league...but all were Big 12 officials.

curious if this is how they normally pick the crew for the title game one would think that would be very tough to coordinate as a crew, but again that is something i would defer to zebra to answer

webb3201

What was going on with the horrible OPI call that negated our touchdown. I was sitting near the opposite 20 and didnt see anything…the replay was silly as they two players didnt make any contact.

Eight

What was going on with the horrible OPI call that negated our touchdown. I was sitting near the opposite 20 and didnt see anything…the replay was silly as they two players didnt make any contact.

there was contact, but the hand fighting went both ways

curious if that is one of those calls that gets made because of the mixed crew assignment

Double V

Why should a team with 2 losses in the regular season jump a team undefeated in the regular season that lost by three in overtime in a Conference Championship game?
They SHOULDN'T, but here's what yhe case will be IF they do.
- Bama has 3 "quality wins" to TCUs 2 (and 1 of ours is to a team that later beat us on a neutral site, so it's basically like we have 1.
- Bama SOS is 9, TCU is 25
- Bama has higher SOR (not sure if this is true or not, but they'll claim it).
- Bama's losses were on the road and 1 when they weren't fully healthy
- Bama playing at a high level at the moment (more BS since their LSU loss wasn't that long ago, but they'll claim it).
- Bama "eye test"

1. UGA
2. Mich
3. tOSU
4. Bama
5. TCU
6. USC

I hope I'm wrong, but it really wouldn't surprise me if this is it.