• The KillerFrogs

Congrats Kenrich Williams!

SnoSki

Tonight he posted the first triple double in TCU history, according to ESPN commentary.

Congrats!!!
Hard to believe that's the first one ever. Good for him, though! I don't feel like he ever takes over a game but he puts in quality minutes every single game. "Kenny Hustle" is an appropriate nickname.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I am almost certain Kurt Thomas did have a triple double against Texas A&M. Blocks were involved.

Good memory, guys:

COLLEGE STATION, Texas, Feb. 25 -- Joe Wilbert scored 26 points Saturday, leading Texas A&M to an 85-80 Southwest Conference victory over Texas Christian. Saturday's win improved the Aggies to 12-15, 5-7 in the SWC. Kurt Thomas, trying to become only the third playing in NCAA history to lead the nation in both scoring and rebounding, led TCU (15-10, 7-6 SWC) with 23 points and 14 rebounds.

He also had 12 blocks that day, per the TCU media guide.

MTfrog5

Good memory, guys:

COLLEGE STATION, Texas, Feb. 25 -- Joe Wilbert scored 26 points Saturday, leading Texas A&M to an 85-80 Southwest Conference victory over Texas Christian. Saturday's win improved the Aggies to 12-15, 5-7 in the SWC. Kurt Thomas, trying to become only the third playing in NCAA history to lead the nation in both scoring and rebounding, led TCU (15-10, 7-6 SWC) with 23 points and 14 rebounds.

He also had 12 blocks that day, per the TCU media guide.
Well looks like our stat team needs to pick it up

TRF51

Anyone else worried he might leave early? I would think he is the most pro ready player we have. Just curious since we are bringing in more then are leaving.

Purp

Anyone else worried he might leave early? I would think he is the most pro ready player we have. Just curious since we are bringing in more then are leaving.
No. He's too short to be a draft prospect at the 4 and not consistent enough of a scorer to be a draft prospect as a 3. Really, he plays like a 4 in the body of a 3. You can get away with that in college, but is far more difficult to do in the NBA. It's been done before, but it isn't common. Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman are some shorter rebounding stars who had NBA success, but they have a couple inches on K Dub. I think he may have a chance in the NBA b/c rebounding is so much more about instincts, hustle, and fundamentals than it is height, but that won't make him a draft prospect this year or even next IMO.

tcudoc

No. He's too short to be a draft prospect at the 4 and not consistent enough of a scorer to be a draft prospect as a 3. Really, he plays like a 4 in the body of a 3.
52746531.jpg

TRF51

No. He's too short to be a draft prospect at the 4 and not consistent enough of a scorer to be a draft prospect as a 3. Really, he plays like a 4 in the body of a 3. You can get away with that in college, but is far more difficult to do in the NBA. It's been done before, but it isn't common. Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman are some shorter rebounding stars who had NBA success, but they have a couple inches on K Dub. I think he may have a chance in the NBA b/c rebounding is so much more about instincts, hustle, and fundamentals than it is height, but that won't make him a draft prospect this year or even next IMO.

I consider him a 3 and think he as the skill set to play 3. He is 6 feet 7 inches I believe, about the same size as the guy the Mavs got from Golden State (he is no where near as polished on offense as he is though). Paul Milsap, who is a stud undersized 4,was also considered undersized at LA Tech but was a monster on the boards. Something to think about if they want him to play 4. I think he is athletic and has the skill set to be a solid 3.

Coming back and working on his offense will really help him. He should be one of the best players in the league next year.

Purp

I consider him a 3 and think he as the skill set to play 3. He is 6 feet 7 inches I believe, about the same size as the guy the Mavs got from Golden State (he is no where near as polished on offense as he is though). Paul Milsap, who is a stud undersized 4,was also considered undersized at LA Tech but was a monster on the boards. Something to think about if they want him to play 4. I think he is athletic and has the skill set to be a solid 3.

Coming back and working on his offense will really help him. He should be one of the best players in the league next year.
I agree with most of this, but it doesn't sound like a candidate to leave early for the draft. And he either needs to improve his offensive consistency or elevate his defense to elite before he enjoys a long NBA career.