• The KillerFrogs

Conference Championship Weekend Thread

Wexahu

if you truly don't see the duplicity in the world of college athletics i don't know what to tell you.

Sounds like you would rather they just go all in on the minor league professional sport model. No thanks.

There’s duplicity in about everything single large scale entity in the world. I’m not sure what the point is there.

Eight

Sounds like you would rather they just go all in on the minor league professional sport model. No thanks.

There’s duplicity in about everything single large scale entity in the world. I’m not sure what the point is there.

no, i just am willing to admit that college football and basketball are professional sports.

how else do you explain that the two highest paid employees on many college campuses oversee fewer than 150 students on campus?

how else do you explain the amount of money spent on those 150 students compared to any other group on campus?

how else do you explain that in some cases over 100,000 people will pay significant amounts of money to watch those few students?

how else do you explain the eastside expansion at tcu?

believe what you want, i am not going down this rabbit hole with you anymore

Pharm Frog

so which of the major bowl games is the biggest yawner?

orange bowl uva vs florida

sugar bowl georgia vs baylor

rose bowl oregon vs wisconsin

cotton bowl penn state vs memphis

rose bowl will draw the eyes of the big 10 vs pac traditionalist, but i can honestly say there isn't one game among that 4 i can see myself purposely sitting down to watch

yes

Eight

noticed that wazzu and air force are playing in the cheez-it bowl so that might draw even fewer viewers than last year.

only two bowls match-ups i have seen that spurred any interest.

one is ok state - atm in houston, but only if sanders is playing.

second is washington vs boise in las vegas. there is a certain symetry to petersen finishing against boise

after that, not much grabs my attention though i might bet the under on 2 hours for kstate vs navy

Ron Swanson

Count me as one who will definitely watch...

Baylor vs UGA
Wisconsin vs Oregon
Penn St vs Memphis
Okie St vs TAMU

And probably many more. College football is awesome and we will miss it for 8 months.

Remember this next August when you’re watching St Thomas Aquinas vs Rutherford HS in New Jersey on ESPNU on a Thursday night because you’re so starved for football you’ll watch anything.

Eight

Baylor vs UGA
Wisconsin vs Oregon
Penn St vs Memphis
Okie St vs TAMU

And probably many more. College football is awesome and we will miss it for 8 months.

Remember this next August when you’re watching St Thomas Aquinas vs Rutherford HS in New Jersey on ESPNU on a Thursday night because you’re so starved for football you’ll watch anything.

i appreciate your love of college football and each to their own

the fake hype the last 4-6 weeks of each season in the cfp and the amount of just bad football the past few years has me now when i get to the end of the year i am pretty much ready for it to be over.

wasn't always that way and i know there are people who will watch every bowl game

CountryFrog

Baylor vs UGA
Wisconsin vs Oregon
Penn St vs Memphis
Okie St vs TAMU

If the Frogs had done better then I'd probably watch more so that's part of it with me. When TCU isn't competitive then it makes me much less interested in other games.

Eight

Baylor vs UGA
Wisconsin vs Oregon
Penn St vs Memphis
Okie St vs TAMU

i will say that there is a good chance i may go see and watch more of the texas high school playoffs games this year than watch bowl games.

the emotions are real, i don't get beat over the head with the non-stop hype that espn will be blasting throughout the bowls, and at the games the experience is real and not choreographed

good friend from church, a friend who coaches at a local high school, and i will usually go.

Some of you may remember me posting that if GP retires soon, I thought the coach at App. St. would be somebody TCU needed to look at. This was his first year as a HC and they only lost 1 game, won the Sun Belt Championship game, and finished ranked #20, I think. On a message board, they are already saying that if he has a good year in 2020, they would be looking for a replacement, that a much bigger school would snap him up. I don't think GP is going to leave in the nest 4 or 5 years, but it's going to be interesting to follow App. St.'s coach and see where he is when GP does retire.

Some of you may remember me posting that if GP retires soon, I thought the coach at App. St. would be somebody TCU needed to look at. This was his first year as a HC and they only lost 1 game, won the Sun Belt Championship game, and finished ranked #20, I think. On a message board, they are already saying that if he has a good year in 2020, they would be looking for a replacement, that a much bigger school would snap him up. I don't think GP is going to leave in the nest 4 or 5 years, but it's going to be interesting to follow App. St.'s coach and see where he is when GP does retire.
Wow! Just saw he has taken the Missouri job. One and done at App St.

Willintx

Not interested in any of the bowl games this year. As far as I'm concerned, my football watching season ended when we couldn't beat WVU. Since we sucked so bad this year and couldn't even make it to the cheez-it bowl, I'm done until next August. At that point, for next year, I'm hoping we just become bowl eligible.

flyfishingfrog

Not interested in any of the bowl games this year. As far as I'm concerned, my football watching season ended when we couldn't beat WVU. Since we sucked so bad this year and couldn't even make it to the cheez-it bowl, I'm done until next August. At that point, for next year, I'm hoping we just become bowl eligible.
Surprised you are not going to watch your team get whipped in another bowl by Georgia - good on you for facing the reality early and dealing with the disappointment through avoidance

must be that group therapy working for you...

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Rapelor troll gibberish.

2A537437-9A86-431F-A13C-D2F530170A52.gif