• The KillerFrogs

Conference Championship Weekend Thread

Ron Swanson

I would LOVE for Baylor to play UGA in the Sugar
Maybe I’m forgetting a game or two, but as far as I can recall, every single time an SEC team who has a shot at the playoffs (or BCS title game) but loses in the SEC Championship game and has to play in the Sugar Bowl as a result, ends up losing.

I know we all like to say that the SEC teams can’t play the “we didn’t want to be there” card, but it absolutely matters. It’s 100% how Texas beat Georgia last year. Texas was not better than Georgia last season, Georgia just didn’t give a ship and it was a huge deal for UT.

Same thing would probably happen if Baylor plays Georgia if Georgia loses today to LSU.

MTfrog5

Maybe I’m forgetting a game or two, but as far as I can recall, every single time an SEC team who has a shot at the playoffs (or BCS title game) but loses in the SEC Championship game and has to play in the Sugar Bowl as a result, ends up losing.

I know we all like to say that the SEC teams can’t play the “we didn’t want to be there” card, but it absolutely matters. It’s 100% how Texas beat Georgia last year. Texas was not better than Georgia last season, Georgia just didn’t give a ship and it was a huge deal for UT.

Same thing would probably happen if Baylor plays Georgia if Georgia loses today to LSU.
I think Texas winning last year will fire them up a little. Agree with the Baylor will be more motivated though

Zubaz

Just checked, it's 5-5 the last 10 games, but they weren't all NY6 / BCS bowls. In major bowls the SEC runner up is 2-2 the last ten years.

Ron Swanson

Just checked, it's 5-5 the last 10 games, but they weren't all NY6 / BCS bowls. In major bowls the SEC runner up is 2-2 the last ten years.
I’m speaking strictly of teams who think they have a shot at the national title, and then they don’t. Off the top of my head...

Bama lost to Utah
Bama lost to OU
UGA lost to Texas

LVH

Lol I thought the wrist was part of the ball

That was a fumble for Reagor against Baylor but not one for LSU there?

Wexahu

Two of Georgia’s best players sat out to prepare for the draft. That’s how much they cared about it. You’re right, motivation is a huge factor in who wins bowl games.