• The KillerFrogs

"Come on TCU, join a real conference for once"

SnoSki

I will explode.

[rant begin]
Reading through the comments on any news story, any message board, facebook, twitter, whatever.. I have seen this comment at least a hundred times in the last 24 hours. I understand that the ways of the NCAA are cryptic and strange and not generally public knowledge, but come on.. people act like we just surveyed the landscape and chose the Big East and said no to the SEC or Big 12. Why does nobody seem to realize that we needed an INVITE?

Gahhh...

/rant

HFrog1999

To SEC fans, there is only one real conference. It doesn't matter what you say or do. Just remember they average a 6th grade education and live in a trailer.

TCUkanoot

Hold on, are you saying that we can't just pick any conference and join it immediately? They all have openings and want us, right? Right?

I'm with you. Those people drive me nuts, and unfortunately they're the ones who feel the need to post online without any accountability.

curt3301

Ive come to accept that the casual fan is much dumber than i initially anticipated. thats what i have to tell myself when i see stuff like that. I even hear radio announcers say things like that and i always think to myself "aren't they supposed to be knowledgeable about sports and how things work?" but then i remember that they are fans just like the rest of us. I just tell those people that they can talk all they want and try to make fun of TCU ion any way they want, but nothing they say or do can take away the #3 thats next to TCU in the polls and they cant stop us from going to a BCS bow (at worst). That usually gets them so angry that they realize its pointless to keep talking.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
To SEC fans, there is only one real conference. It doesn't matter what you say or do. Just remember they average a 6th grade education and live in a trailer.

That's the actual alumni. The T-shirt fans, on the other hand, are not so cultured.

Trelvis

Because most of the people who comment on those stories have no f'ing clue about what they are talking about. They are either under the age of 15 or just retards who dont know how things work.

Baja Frog

I will explode.

[rant begin]
Reading through the comments on any news story, any message board, facebook, twitter, whatever.. I have seen this comment at least a hundred times in the last 24 hours. I understand that the ways of the NCAA are cryptic and strange and not generally public knowledge, but come on.. people act like we just surveyed the landscape and chose the Big East and said no to the SEC or Big 12. Why does nobody seem to realize that we needed an INVITE?

Gahhh...

/rant

I have been wondering the exact same thing and almost made the same post the other day. What is really surprising to me is that I saw several comments like that on ESPN articles! I guess I am wrong in assuming that if someone takes the time to go to an ESPN website, click on an article about TCU or Boise and then comment on the article they are educated sports fans??? Obviously not. The level of stupidity out there is really unbelievable!

Having said that, I guess it's not much different than Craig James saying that recruiting rankings should be included in the BCS formula and TCU needs both Auburn and Oregon to lose to have a chance to play in the national championship!

Houston Frog

I have been wondering the exact same thing and almost made the same post the other day. What is really surprising to me is that I saw several comments like that on ESPN articles! I guess I am wrong in assuming that if someone takes the time to go to an ESPN website, click on an article about TCU or Boise and then comment on the article they are educated sports fans??? Obviously not. The level of stupidity out there is really unbelievable!

Having said that, I guess it's not much different than Craig James saying that recruiting rankings should be included in the BCS formula and TCU needs both Auburn and Oregon to lose to have a chance to play in the national championship!

I made a conscious decision to quit reading the comment section at the bottom of TCU-related articles on ESPN a couple months ago and I now lead a happier life.

There's a whole new level of dumb/bias in those comments that I never knew existed.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I made a conscious decision to quit reading the comment section at the bottom of TCU-related articles on ESPN a couple months ago and I now lead a happier life.

There's a whole new level of dumb/bias in those comments that I never knew existed.
From my observation this is true of almost any news article. I sometimes begin to think it may be a bit, that the comments section of articles is a place where a secret society of folks go to play roles and cause chaos. But then I remember the age we live in, and I realize it's not schtick, it's the real thing. Sigh...

Ray Finkle

I had a guy tell me that TCU should have waited until a better offer came along. I also filled him in that had Boise won last week and Auburn lost, TCU could be ranked #3 and looking at playing the #6 Pac-10 team in the Vegas Bowl. Once BYU and Utah departed, the writing was on the wall for us to jump to the next rung. We did and that's that.

Go Frogs!