• The KillerFrogs

Colorado Calls Big 12 a JUCO Conference

chee

I heard the San Jose writer that broke the story of USC and UCLA to the Big 10 say that he thought the PAC 12 should invite TCU and Houston in order to strengthen the conference. That’s because of tv markets. He also suggested to invite SMU if they couldn’t get TCU.

Dogfrog

I heard the San Jose writer that broke the story of USC and UCLA to the Big 10 say that he thought the PAC 12 should invite TCU and Houston in order to strengthen the conference. That’s because of tv markets. He also suggested to invite SMU if they couldn’t get TCU.

Then B12 could counter by inviting Loyola Marymount to capture the LA market.

Frog DJ

The headline says Colorado admins view B12 as juco league. No admin interviews, polls, quotes. Just a columnist saying “I think blah blah…” This is journalism today.
The fact that so many people unashamedly admit they get their news from opinion blogs and social media is extremely frightening.

I saw a recent survey (admittedly a very small sample share) that asked United States’ respondents where they got their news.

It encouraged me that newspapers, TV and radio were among the top 7 answers, but the other 4 were extremely troubling.

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and blog posts rounded out the list, so it’s no wonder the American public is so clueless.

“Journalism” is on life support.

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

To be fair, the CU poster has a bit of a point. Though not as much a flex as he probably wishes. If we added the 4 corners schools they would be the 4 highest ranked public schools in the league.

Rankings / Classifications of Continuing Big 12 & Pac-12 Members:

#6 Stanford (AAU, R1, private)
#22 California-Berkeley (AAU, R1, flagship, land grant)
#59 Washington (AAU, R1, flagship)
#75 Baylor (R1, private)
#79 BYU (R1, private)
#83 TCU (R2, private)

#99 Colorado-Boulder (AAU, R1, flagship)
#99 Oregon (AAU, R1, flagship)
#99 Utah (AAU, R1, flagship)
#103 Arizona (AAU, R1, flagship)
#117 Arizona State (R1, land grant)
#122 Iowa State (R1, land grant)
#122 Kansas (AAU, R1, flagship)
#148 Central Florida (R1)
#148 Cincinnati (R1)
#162 Kansas State (R1, land grant)

#162 Oregon State (R1, land grant)
#179 Houston (R1)
#179 Washington State (R1, land grant)
#187 Oklahoma State (R1, land grant)
#213 Texas Tech (R1)
#249 West Virginia (R1, flagship, land grant)