• The KillerFrogs

Colorado Calls Big 12 a JUCO Conference

I don't take that as fact but it is at least consistent with some of the other attitudes that come out of that conference. If that's the direction they want to go, we'll see how it works out for them. The Big 12 may lack a Stanford or Cal but if they end up in a conference with Boise State and UNLV, they may learn that the real world and academia don't always intersect.

Palliative Care

I am sure this is the administrator thoughts. He or she is tied heavily tied to California education institutions. They are not football people. It is something that may kill their football program. I do not think they would care that much.

Eight

Locker room material for September 2nd:

please don't use this site to fish for followers

we already have enough posters who follow "media" on twitter with less than 30 followers

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So, a Denver Post columnist wants some clicks. "Controversy" is invented and disseminated. Insults (imagined or otherwise) are hurled...

College Administrators, especially those at CU, are looney-tune characters. (See: E. Gordon Gee) Why any of us here in Texas should give a parboiled crap what some egghead in an oxygen-deprived fit blurted out (or didn't) is a mystery.

Palliative Care

AGREE, I feel sorry for those PAC 12 administrators. I mean you have to deal with the unwashed local alumni who are not
erudite enough to see how low lite the B12 institutions really are, and then there are those monied alumni who really count anyway. I believe that we should just be kind and gently close the door after so much time has passed, so those poor administrators can save face.

Bizarro Frog

The PAC 12 has an over inflated sense of self. Frogs are an 8 point favorite on the road with a new head coach. I like CU so I am not going to rub it in when we crush them but it’s going to be fun.

I think the Frogs are going to win 9+ games this regular season. We have the talent and the players are going to have fun for the first time in a long time. We are going to score, score and score again.

Dogfrog

So, a Denver Post columnist wants some clicks. "Controversy" is invented and disseminated. Insults (imagined or otherwise) are hurled...

BFD. College Administrators, especially those at CU, are looney-tune characters. (See: E. Gordon Gee) Why any of us here in Texas should give a parboiled crap what some egghead in an oxygen-deprived fit blurted out (or didn't) is a mystery.
The headline says Colorado admins view B12 as juco league. No admin interviews, polls, quotes. Just a columnist saying “I think blah blah…” This is journalism today. No doubt some Colorado admins think that B12 schools are juco academically. They didn’t get the memo that unfortunately academics influence over athletics is waning. If they don’t understand this they will soon be juco athletically.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The headline says Colorado admins view B12 as juco league. No admin interviews, polls, quotes. Just a columnist saying “I think blah blah…” This is journalism today. No doubt some Colorado admins think that B12 schools are juco academically. They didn’t get the memo that unfortunately academics influence over athletics is waning. If they don’t understand this they will soon be juco athletically.
I paid for my niece's education at CU. It weren't cheap. My interactions with the faculty, and administration were... interesting. A few were quite smart and engaging. A few.

As it is, I don't think any one of us should give a hoot in hell about what they may or may not think. Their position is pretty danged lousy at present, and we have a great deal to offer them: A spot in an important Conference, or increasing irrelevance. Besides, the garden-variety marxists infesting University Administration in these sad times would rather see Football go away. Oh, they like the money that pours in from it, but they hate the game and everything about it.