• The KillerFrogs

Colorado as the FOX BIG NOON Game?

Eight

After watching the 4-2-5 for 20 years I'm still not sold on the 3-3-5, but I think we have the right coach to run the scheme.

big part of any defense is having personnel that fit the scheme

one of the biggest problems the defense had at the end of the patterson era was the manner they tried to play their defensive ends and the players they recruited at those positions

An-Cap Frog

big part of any defense is having personnel that fit the scheme

one of the biggest problems the defense had at the end of the patterson era was the manner they tried to play their defensive ends and the players they recruited at those positions
I think I am a fan of the taller lankier CBs that Gillespie seems to favor. I understood the 4-2-5 island concept for it's corners, but felt like every match-up was a 5'-10" CB on a 6'-2" WR.

CountryFrog

I think Gillespie is gonna be fantastic. We were just hoping for a defense with a pulse last season after the 2021 debacle. It was the first year in a new scheme with guys he didn’t recruit for that scheme, and I thought he patchworked together a pretty damn solid unit that won us quite a few games.
Exactly. We went from pre-season hopes of just being average on defense to bitching at the end about the defense not being national championship caliber.

Eight

I think I am a fan of the taller lankier CBs that Gillespie seems to favor. I understood the 4-2-5 island concept for it's corners, but felt like every match-up was a 5'-10" CB on a 6'-2" WR.

the change in players recruited to play corner in this scheme is a very good example of gillespie finding the players to fit his scheme

they are still a year or two away in the front and linebackers, but jonathan bax is a guy to watch this year progress as they really didn't have a linebacker last year who could effectively hold the edge, pass rush, and drop in coverage

06DallasFrog

the change in players recruited to play corner in this scheme is a very good example of gillespie finding the players to fit his scheme

they are still a year or two away in the front and linebackers, but jonathan bax is a guy to watch this year progress as they really didn't have a linebacker last year who could effectively hold the edge, pass rush, and drop in coverage
Yep. Been mentioned before that the D-line needs to be gigantic for this scheme to really hit its peak. Someone Ross Blacklock's size on both sides of Damonic Williams, with a Davion Pierson coming in for help... just a wish list.

Eight

Yep. Been mentioned before that the D-line needs to be gigantic for this scheme to really hit its peak. Someone Ross Blacklock's size on both sides of Damonic Williams, with a Davion Pierson coming in for help... just a wish list.

think they are trying to grow a few of these young guys into that 275-285 range and paired with someone similar to markis deal

noticed former Illinois dlineman verdis brown is still in the portal, don't know if he can play or has any baggage, but he is a very large human being