• The KillerFrogs

Collins Surprise

McFroggin

Anyone else really surprised to see Collins pass as well as he did? I figured that CGP was playing his normal mind games by saying Robinson and Collins were neck and neck. Collins threw a perfect pass to the end zone that was barely dropped, and his TD pass hit an open WR in stride after waiting for the play to open up. I don’t think I’ve ever been this optimistic about our top 2 QB’s after 1 game.

4th. down

Anyone else really surprised to see Collins pass as well as he did? I figured that CGP was playing his normal mind games by saying Robinson and Collins were neck and neck. Collins threw a perfect pass to the end zone that was barely dropped, and his TD pass hit an open WR in stride after waiting for the play to open up. I don’t think I’ve ever been this optimistic about our top 2 QB’s after 1 game.

Not to get the cart too far out in front, but it has the potential to be the best 1/2 QB combination in the GP era. Collins can spin it. Of course they both had good protection from what we thought was a suspect OL which, by the way, only played 1 senior.

FrogPreacher

Not to get the cart to far out in front, but it has the potential to be the best 1/2 QB combination in the GP era. Collins can spin it. Of course they both had good protection from what we thought was a suspect OL which, by the way, only played 1 senior.
Only played one senior? How do you figure that?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
As a slack-jawed mouth breathing simple-minded football fan I'd need Tom Herman to figure that out for me,

Here’s Tommy Boy with some help for you with the math...

8786cf61_9f02_4cc8_870c_2ada00b6956e.0.png

tcumaniac

Definitely not surprised, but very happy to have my expectations met, and possibly exceeded.

Based on his film and everything we kept hearing from camp that reiterated that there was a very legit QB battle going on, I fully expected him to be great. And based on yesterday, he convinced me that our backup is very capable of being a good starter if needed. He is a hell of a lot better than any option that UT has. How incredible is that?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I am tired of this when I joined the board many moons ago I was promised no math. In my opinion every time someone throws out math or an equation like this, Wes should give them a three day suspension.
Yes, be advised I have submitted several appropriate recommendations for said mini-vacations to The Wizard behind the Curtain.