• The KillerFrogs

College World Series Finals

Tumbleweed

What's that kid's name, Robinson?? Athletic, and dyed long hair. One of the funniest comments came from one of our gals about a week she said, he's (Robinson) moving to West Hollywood next week. Now that was funny!! From appearances, he'd fit right in West Hollywood. Lordy ....WHAT A SHOWBOAT !!! Ugh, and he got drafted by my beloved Cardinals. I'd adjust that attitude of his in a short time frame, if I managed the double A team he has been assigned to. He may be a better piorn star than baseball player.

Pharm Frog

What's that kid's name, Robinson?? Athletic, and dyed long hair. One of the funniest comments came from one of our gals about a week she said, he's (Robinson) moving to West Hollywood next week. Now that was funny!! From appearances, he'd fit right in West Hollywood. Lordy ....WHAT A SHOWBOAT !!! Ugh, and he got drafted by my beloved Cardinals. I'd adjust that attitude of his in a short time frame, if I managed the double A team he has been assigned to. He may be a better piorn star than baseball player.

Robertson assigned to AA to start? That would be interesting (and foolish)

ftwfrog

IMG_9816.jpg I was a little shocked when I saw that Ryan Merrill didn't make the all CWS team, as he was clutch at the plate. I looked up Timmy Richards stats and he hit .462 with 2 HRs and 9 RBI in 2 games. Pretty salty.

ftwfrog

Not a single Frog?!? You'd have thought Big Game Howie would have gotten a sniff with all the talk he got...
Howard, while awesome, pitched in one game.

I really don't have a problem with it. I thought Merrill was the only one who stood out for us and had a chance.

Realtorfrog

I'm not as impressed with McCay as others. Haven't seen much of him but what I have seen both hitting and pitching are okay but nothing spectacular. Surprised if he pans out like people think

hometown frog

How many times now has the team that knocks us out wins it all?

Florida
Coastal Carolina
And that's as far as my memory goes. Virginia? UCLA?
Ucla got beat by SoCarolina in 2010
UVA beat us the year Vandy won it. ole Miss bounced us one year and got beat the next game.

froginmn

Have to say I am a little disappointed in those who say they didn't watch because the Frogs were out. You missed some good baseball and some bad baseball...

A couple bad: the slide that resulted in interference. With no outs, as the announcers said, that was literally the only way to prevent the tying run from scoring.

And, Florida 2B Deacon Liput covering first on a bunt (by Freeman). My daughter - a 15yo softball player - and I planned to go to Omaha for the championship series because after 7 years of missing the CWS because of coaching baseball and softball I had a window to go. When the Frogs went out we stayed home and watched. She couldn't believe the number of things wrong with Liput's cover:

Wrong foot on the bag - he had his "glove foot" on the bag, preventing him from stretching.
Foot on top of the bag - it was dead center on top of the bag rather than on the edge (he had plenty of time to set up)
Arm bent, not outstretched
Didn't stretch with his body either - he was set back waiting for the ball to come to him.

Runner was safe by a split second, and would have been out if he handled it correctly.

My daughter, who plays a lot of second, was yelling at the TV, wondering what was wrong. She was more glued to the TV than I was. Awesome to hang out with her and watch...

ftwfrog

I'm not as impressed with McCay as others. Haven't seen much of him but what I have seen both hitting and pitching are okay but nothing spectacular. Surprised if he pans out like people think
I think we were watching different players. While he didn't shine on the mound in Omaha. He did hit a pitch that hasn't landed yet.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
Not going home empty handed

88cc22df-9d9c-41b1-8351-56ce26696f64
1qwNix9.jpg