• The KillerFrogs

College World Series – LSU vs. TCU – Sunday Game Thread

82Frog

I've been reading other fan bases baseball forums (NC State, A&M, LSU) and it's funny . . . after we beat or eliminate their team, the topic of conversation turns to firing their coaching staff.  

TCUWIN

I love that the SEC's personal channel - ESPN - said the pitcher for LSU had two errors that lead to TCU breaking open the game. As if TCU didn't earn it. And didn't the errors lead to a 2-0 lead that LSU cut in half before TCU's bats broke open the game?

TCUWIN

I hope one day TCU can beat somebody and get credit for the win. So Ole Miss apparently played with a bunch of scrubs because everyone was hurt. And Honeybadger will eventually come back on here and remind us that LSU didn't throw their ace. And somehow he will explain the Porche was actually the No. 4 pitcher on their staff. And I am sure he was hurt as well.

82Frog

TCUWIN said:
I hope one day TCU can beat somebody and get credit for the win. So Ole Miss apparently played with a bunch of scrubs because everyone was hurt. And Honeybadger will eventually come back on here and remind us that LSU didn't throw their ace. And somehow he will explain the Porche was actually the No. 4 pitcher on their staff. And I am sure he was hurt as well.

Will never happen . . .there will always be a reason.

TCUWIN said:
I love that the SEC's personal channel - ESPN - said the pitcher for LSU had two errors that lead to TCU breaking open the game. As if TCU didn't earn it. And didn't the errors lead to a 2-0 lead. That LSU cut in half before TCU's bats broke open the game?

Yup. They kept blaming the errors and basically said LSU gave us the game. ESPN/SEC logic

Frogo

PhormerPhrog said:
The difference is that it's been several years since anyone has called for Schloss's head. Tiger droppings and Texags are calling for heads to roll.

Those who are doing that are idiots. Pardon my French.

TCUWIN

You are right 82Frog. If the Frogs win the championship, it will be because Vandy and LSU were not interested in playing TCU. They just wanted to play each other. I guess if CSF can hold on, the national championship for ESPN and SEC will be Tuesday afternoon...during the elimination game. Florida doesn't count because they are in the other bracket. But they wouldn't be interested either. Nor was A&M.

GlendarrochFrog

How fun would it be to read HB's last 200 posts. He talked up the SEC and LSU so much. We haven't seen pitching like theirs, our pitchers haven't seen hitters like theirs, we haven't played SEC caliber teams all season, they have so much MLB talent, etc. I canny remember a single person coming on here with a more condescending tone...that is why you engage in healthy banter on the front end and talk message board trash talk AFTER you win.

swimmerbabe11

From Texags (Poster named LSU Baseball Fan who is actually a pretty decent poster):

I have no words.
Unbelievable performance. Just pathetic.
Is this team seriously going to go 2 and cue? Again? After all this effort?
Just atrocious. And now it looks like Vandy will be eliminating us on Tuesday. Hurray!
We might as well have stayed in Baton Rouge and let UL Lafayette go if this is how we're going to play. At least they would give the fans in Omaha a good show.
LSU will never be a national power in baseball again like we used to be under Skip Bertman. Those days are gone, and they're not coming back anytime soon.
We don't have the pitching to claw our way through the losers' bracket, so all I'm hoping for is that we get at least one win to send the upperclassmen out on a slightly less crappy note.

Damn. I get being upset about a loss..but LSU ain't dead yet.

I, for one, think a Vandy v LSU game would be a great show.

blakespop

NC State & Aggies fans are still salty, right now they are all hanging their hats on "TCUhas been handed games" really? Because I think one team showed up to play and the other one didn't. We were patient enough to allow NCstate to implode and well we just beat the Aggies and luck was not on our side.

Pharm Frog

blakespop said:
NC State & Aggies fans are still salty, right now they are all hanging their hats on "TCUhas been handed games" really? Because I think one team showed up to play and the other one didn't. We were patient enough to allow NCstate to implode and well we just beat the Aggies and luck was not on our side.

The luckiest thing I witnessed against aggie was the luck of a certain pitcher that a Skoug line drive didn't perform it's own version of open heart surgery on him and then the compounded luck that it bounced directly to the first baseman.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
82Frog said:
If we win the whole CWS this year everyone will say this was the weakest 8 team field in years.
How dare you?? There's 4, count em 4, sec teams. There is absolutely no way we can win this year. This is one of the deepest, strongest fields ever!! This is the Omaha version of the sec tournament.

Sorry I couldn't find the sarcasm font lmao.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
blakespop said:
Just use some of the corn dog's logic and tell nc state that we saved them from an embarrassing beat down by the aggies because nobody can beat the aggies, they're from the sec and they were robbed of a national seed.

And tell the aggies the same thing, we saved them from ANOTHER beat down from the corn dogs, the true CWS #1 seed that also hails from the almighty sec and can not be beat by anybody.

Damn, now I want a corny dog! Is there a 24 hr sonic anywhere lmao.

GO FROGS!!!!!!