• The KillerFrogs

Cold as H#LL

I am wondering how this polar vortex is going to affect people. No way can the supply trucks be restocking the grocery shelves. Most folks do not have extra food on hand to hunker in for any amount of time. Have not seen any stories on lack of food or water but it is only a matter of time I would guess.
Pray for those affected...
Uh, have you ever been in a home up north? Every time I visit and they show me the basement it looks like they have an extra 6-month supply of food (especially the homes I have visited in Twin Cities and northern Minnesota) on hand. These people are fanatics about being prepared.

Nope. Not even close.

You are making assumptions that don’t fit.
But normally the assumptions would fit. I guess you were either on academic or athletic full ride (if you went to TCU which I assume you did). Unless, maybe, you went to White Bear Lake (or Mariner if you are older).

froginmn

Uh, didn't you tell him if he came to work it was WARM at the office. Hmmm, let's see the choices: stay at home where it is cold; go to work like you are supposed to and it is warm. Fail to see your employee's logic.
When the furnace doesn't work because the propane is too cold, you need to have warmer propane delivered, use the electric oven to warm the place, or run water so the pipes don't freeze.

Or do all three, which was the very logical thing he did.

When the furnace doesn't work because the propane is too cold, you need to have warmer propane delivered, use the electric oven to warm the place, or run water so the pipes don't freeze.

Or do all three, which was the very logical thing he did.
thanks for explaining....we southerners don't know these things

Peacefrog

Degenerate
But normally the assumptions would fit. I guess you were either on academic or athletic full ride (if you went to TCU which I assume you did). Unless, maybe, you went to White Bear Lake (or Mariner if you are older).
This is why you shouldn’t make assumptions.

Eight

Here's a story for you. This week one of my employees in central Minnesota emailed to let me know he would be staying home because his furnace stopped working.

It was propane fueled and apparently the temperature went below -44 degrees, the boiling point of propane. Below that temp it won't form a gas and thus won't burn.

he should have called in the propane expert

oLW7CFJ.jpg

And yet you know about White Bear Mariner HS in Minnesota (had never heard of it, apparently closed in the 1980s), and Edina, and Hill Murray, and Roseau....
I know people from those places. And every Stars fan knows Broten is from Roseau. White Bear played in state tournament final four about 4-5 years ago - Mariner closed decades ago and a new school (White Bear) was built. Edina is an elite area, and, well, since it cost so much to attend TCU that is why I asked PF if he was from there. I would say that was a good educated guess unless you are one of those who automatically get pissed off when someone generalizes

froginmn

I know people from those places. And every Stars fan knows Broten is from Roseau. White Bear played in state tournament final four about 4-5 years ago - Mariner closed decades ago and a new school (White Bear) was built. Edina is an elite area, and, well, since it cost so much to attend TCU that is why I asked PF if he was from there. I would say that was a good educated guess unless you are one of those who automatically get pissed off when someone generalizes
Nope, just curious how a southerner who is apparently about 50 years old knows about a Minnesota high school that closed 35 years ago.

Nope, just curious how a southerner who is apparently about 50 years old knows about a Minnesota high school that closed 35 years ago.
My friend played for Mariner and he told me the story about in his senior year Hill-Murray scored a fluke goal and Mariner lost by 1 goal in regional final, meaning in his senior year of Minnesota High School hockey he was one goal away from going to the state tournament.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Well man, until you start explaining things I can only assume. Geez man just trying to have a little fun...OK, 1 last time: you aren't from there.
No I am not from a wealthy pet of MN. Quite opposite. I’m not angry. I just find it funny you assume I had to be from a wealthy area/school. I don’t assume you are from Higland Park or Westlake or Saint Mark’s...

No I am not from a wealthy pet of MN. Quite opposite. I’m not angry. I just find it funny you assume I had to be from a wealthy area/school. I don’t assume you are from Higland Park or Westlake or Saint Mark’s...
Ha ha. Yup, I guess you didn't. Touche' as they say.