• The KillerFrogs

Coby Boulware transferring....

Moose Stuff

Not much of a loss in my opinion. Weak bat. Weak arm. Never made the spectacular play, just the routine. Oviedo has much more upside. Hope he stays. Can't imagine Boulware will ever start for Arkansas.

Oviedo is easily more talented but I have some doubts that he’s ever gonna hit enough to really impact this team.

Pharm Frog

Gotta be honest I have no idea who that is, opened this thread hoping it to be some good offensive lineman from the area whom we could get to transfer in.

If CB played on the o-line we’d have marked improvement in speed and agility but significant decline in size, strength, and power.

Armadillo

Not trying to call a player out against the rules of the board. Not trying to dogpile a young man at all.

However, I’m okay with this move. He obviously had to know he wasn’t going to start. Lots of new players. This may be for the best.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Not trying to call a player out against the rules of the board. Not trying to dogpile a young man at all.

However, I’m okay with this move. He obviously had to know he wasn’t going to start. Lots of new players. This may be for the best.
I dont think his job was in danger. sometimes players transfer > remember Boomer White? there was no danger of him losing his job but he wanted to be with friends at A&M

We'll be fine

Punter1

Oviedo is easily more talented but I have some doubts that he’s ever gonna hit enough to really impact this team.

Although he faded late I thought Oviedo had a very mature approach and look last year at the plate. He executed several tough hit and runs and I remember him not looking over-anxious. Obviously hitting .228 isn't great but I think with better players around him doing well his performance gets pulled up as well. At least I'm hoping...

And I have no idea what CB is doing transferring...this one might even be weirder then Boomer White...

Moose Stuff

Although he faded late I thought Oviedo had a very mature approach and look last year at the plate. He executed several tough hit and runs and I remember him not looking over-anxious. Obviously hitting .228 isn't great but I think with better players around him doing well his performance gets pulled up as well. At least I'm hoping...

And I have no idea what CB is doing transferring...this one might even be weirder then Boomer White...

AO’s pitch recognition has to get a lot better.

Not after a year of living in Texas if he established residency.

I think usually you cannot establish residency while a student. Otherwise, all out of state students would pay in state tuition after only one year of school. Most of the time, you have to be in state and completely out of school for a year to establish state residency.

Pharm Frog

I think usually you cannot establish residency while a student. Otherwise, all out of state students would pay in state tuition after only one year of school. Most of the time, you have to be in state and completely out of school for a year to establish state residency.

Not to claim some states’ border exemptions and I’ve known plenty of out-of-staters in TX who used all sorts of tricks to get residency. How many of these loopholes have been closed since I was an admissions dean I do not know.

I don’t know about Arkie’s residency rules in particular but I do know that depending on his GPA it’s likely that the difference in OOS tuition and in-state tuition will be reduced by up to 90% (surrounding state) or a minimum of 50% (extended state for a 3.3 or so). Don’t know what kind of student he is but I cannot imagine a scenario where Arkie would be even close to TCU in cost.