• The KillerFrogs

Coaching changes after this season?

MinFrog

I don’t think Gary will change his OC or DCs. But does he make a change and cut loose some of his long time assistants to try upgrade the staff for his last several years? Or does he ride or die with the guys who brought him here? It seems like some guys can’t coach or recruit on the staff. Doesn’t he need to replace them this offseason?

Moose Stuff

I don’t think Gary will change his OC or DCs. But does he make a change and cut loose some of his long time assistants to try upgrade the staff for his last several years? Or does he ride or die with the guys who brought him here? It seems like some guys can’t coach or recruit on the staff. Doesn’t he need to replace them this offseason?

Who in particular should he get rid of?

LVH

glasgow?

i do think we have seen good development and play at corner and safety

fitch might be the best recruiter on the staff and has done a solid job with his players development

Corner has been our best position group on defense by far. None of them got beat today. In fact I can't remember any of them getting beat since #9 for Texas gave them a hard time

All the long passing plays have been on safeties or linebackers.

Defensive weaknesses have been defensive tackle, safety and overall tackling. I thought Morheig made some good plays today but he still got beat a few times and was out of position.

PO Frog

Maybe you shouldn’t need a fifth year senior to be able to understand the defense. It’s not astrophysics. Simplify it or plan on sucking every other year or so.

LVH

Only for sure keepers in my mind today, Loper, Thomson, Glasgow. Gary's staff has gotten bloated and it appears we are going in the wrong direction. We are not getting the return for the cost that is TCU football this year. This year has been a bust compared to expectations going into August.

I don't know what the deal is. I think maybe we just need to simplify things on offense and make an offense that is easy to execute.

When Fuente took over for Schultz I dont think people realize that Fuente didnt change much. He didnt blow it all up and start from scratch. He basically took Schultz's offense and simplified it.

Horny4TCU

Fuente, wish you were still here.

He would be a great GP replacement. But if he came back as OC for Gary's final years to get a championship, then take over, I'd be fine with that too.

Eight

Corner has been our best position group on defense by far. None of them got beat today. In fact I can't remember any of them getting beat since #9 for Texas gave them a hard time

All the long passing plays have been on safeties or linebackers.

Defensive weaknesses have been defensive tackle, safety and overall tackling. I thought Morheig made some good plays today but he still got beat a few times and was out of position.

i thought trevon played well for it being his first start. he flashed some athletic ability that we really have missed at safety and i think there are some good things to look forward to in the secondary

a guy who i think gave tcu everything he had today was ridwan. he has his limits in physical stature and he doesn't have the speed gaines brought to the position, but thought ridwan gave everything he had today.

Horny4TCU

He’s at a better job so he ain’t leaving voluntarily.
He is, but I can still dream...

However, I know that Fuente was a great young talent that was discovered after Patterson finally let go of one of his loyal friends. Imagine what could happen if he did that with Sharp and Anderson. Assuming we get some great young aspiring minds and coaches in there.

I don't know what the deal is. I think maybe we just need to simplify things on offense and make an offense that is easy to execute.

When Fuente took over for Schultz I dont think people realize that Fuente didnt change much. He didnt blow it all up and start from scratch. He basically took Schultz's offense and simplified it.
I agree that he didn't blow it up and start over but he did a lot more than just simplify the offense. That doesn't give the guy near the credit he deserves for the level of preparation that was his hallmark among the players and coaches.

What would this boards reaction be if we lost to Old Dominion?
It would be epic. And a lot of their fans don't like him that much, apparently. Being a HC and OC are different challenges. Just by chance if the guy found himself on the street and would come back here as an OC, I would take him in a heartbeat over anything we've had since and anyone who I think would be available to us to hire.

TX_Krötenechse

Anderson, Burns, and Sharp should be gone. Replace them with hotshot WR, QB, and LB coaches. One of them can also coach special teams, and Fitch can take over the whole defensive line instead of just the tackles.

These guys aren’t such good recruiters that we can’t afford to lose them. And our special teams, receivers, and quarterbacks are costing us games.

BUT. It won’t happen. Patterson ain’t gonna fire any of his coaches, much less his most tenured guys.