• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel 2019/20

Billy Clyde

Ol Piss just announced the hiring of DJ Durkin, the former Maryland coach who was run out because of the "toxic culture" that iirc, included the kid who died on the field because of overheating/dehydration.

Between him, Tapefingers, and Kiffin, will easily be CFB's skankiest staff.

MTfrog5

Ol Piss just announced the hiring of DJ Durkin, the former Maryland coach who was run out because of the "toxic culture" that iirc, included the kid who died on the field because of overheating/dehydration.

Between him, Tapefingers, and Kiffin, will easily be CFB's skankiest staff.
Tapefingers is in Arkansas I thought?

Wexahu

Being a middle/bottom of the pack SEC school is almost hopeless. Hire whoever you want..... you aren’t Alabama, LSU, UGA..... and you never will be.

The same thing crossed my mind when I saw Moorhead was canned. And Mississippi State is probably the most hopeless of the lot (at least in the West division), what Mullen did there was damn near a miracle.

Moose Stuff

The same thing crossed my mind when I saw Moorhead was canned. And Mississippi State is probably the most hopeless of the lot (at least in the West division), what Mullen did there was damn near a miracle.

And in most conferences you typically have to worry about one maybe two other programs that you have to occasionally beat to win the league (OU, Ohio St, Oregon, Clemson, etc.....). In that league it’s like 6 teams. Good luck.

Wexahu

And in most conferences you typically have to worry about one maybe two other programs that you have to occasionally beat to win the league (OU, Ohio St, Oregon, Clemson, etc.....). In that league it’s like 6 teams. Good luck.

And yet everyone gets all worked up when the SEC is put on a pedestal by the people who cover the game. It is the best league in the country and it's not even close. Top to bottom, bottom to top, in the middle....it's clearly the best league in almost every aspect. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is either being willfully ignorant or just isn't very smart. You have a league comprised almost entirely of large state schools with gigantic football budgets smack dab in the middle of prime recruiting country where college football is without a doubt the #1 sport. How can it not be the best?

Last edited:

Big Frog II

And yet everyone gets all worked up when the SEC is put on a pedestal by the people who cover the game. It is the best league in the country and it's not even close. Top to bottom, bottom to top, in the middle....it's clearly the best league in al most every aspect. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is either being willfully ignorant or just isn't very smart. You have a league comprised almost entirely of large state schools with gigantic football budgets smack dab in the middle of prime recruiting country where college football is without a doubt the #1 sport. How can it not be the best?
Because they ignore the salary cap.

MTfrog5

When the Schloss stuff was going on I remember being shocked at the lack of success their football team has had historically. The cowbell thing drives me nuts especially when they talk about how loud their stadium is

Salfrog

Tier 1
Calling the Moorehead to Minny as OC shot now. You bet Fleck would love to take a swing at Penn St and Franklin..

I can see this happening also. Moorehead is a pretty good OC. Fleck should get him if there is mutual interest. Moorehead would be good OC here, but we already know that won't happen since he isn't a friend of GP's.