• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

BABYFACE

What's wrong with his hair?

4b_Yost_David_Assistant_.jpg
Pic of his dog.
Old-English-Sheepdog-1.jpg

PO Frog

The guy your talking about has been OC/HC for 25+!years and called more plays than Cumbie has ever dreamed about. In addition he knows plenty about offenses other than the option. You may or may not be aware that the RPO is an option play out of a spread set..Where do you think the idea was born from...
* you’re

And I don’t really care about Paul johnson as I was making a joke because he runs the same play every play. Lots of people know lots about football.

Chongo94

I still have some reservations I guess but I’ll defer to those that know more about him or Utah State. I just question the dip in form once he got his own recruits in and how once Yost arrived that dip started trending back up. I think he’s a good coach from the games I’ve seen but I don’t think he moves the needle much is I guess what I’m trying to say.

Not sure on Hocutt’s choices of football coaches either given how Al Golden and Kingsbury went. Plus that extension for Kingsbury was colossal idiocy.

Wexahu

I'm not sure I understand why Holgerson would be such a hot commodity. I think anyone would agree its probably quite a bit easier to win at WVU than it is Tech and Holgerson has a 51-37 record there while in the Big 12. And 33-30 in conference games. That isn't all that great. In fact, it's very average.

Wouldn't that kind of be switching coaches for the sake of switching coaches. Seems like they are kind of cut from the same cloth as well as far as philosophy.

TCUdirtbag

I'm not sure I understand why Holgerson would be such a hot commodity. I think anyone would agree its probably quite a bit easier to win at WVU than it is Tech and Holgerson has a 51-37 record there while in the Big 12. And 33-30 in conference games. That isn't all that great. In fact, it's very average.

Wouldn't that kind of be switching coaches for the sake of switching coaches. Seems like they are kind of cut from the same cloth as well as far as philosophy.

I think the argument would he WVU has been close to breaking through without as much of an ability to pull Texas recruits and with inferior facilities and so location + better facilities would = even better results from Dana. And those Holgo numbers at WVU are a lot better than anything Tech has seen since Leach.

Wexahu

I think the argument would he WVU has been close to breaking through without as much of an ability to pull Texas recruits and with inferior facilities and so location + better facilities would = even better results from Dana. And those Holgo numbers at WVU are a lot better than anything Tech has seen since Leach.

Maybe so, but that kind of implies that it's easier to win at Tech than it is at WVU.....and I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Texas recruiting aside, there is far more D1 talent within a 200 mile radius of Morgantown than there is Lubbock.

Pharm Frog

Still say don't count out Holgo to Colorado but it would probably be a pay cut and I don't know what kind of ties he may have in Cali which is critical for Colorado unless they re-develop their TX pipeline. But I think it's pretty clear that WVU is not a long-term living arrangement for DH.