• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

I just listened to a radio station and they were talking about their team, well one guy was a Texas Tech insider and the other guy was a Baylor guy. Just listening because they were talking about the opening in Lubbock. Basically I think there is a real chance they hire Art Briles. The Baylor guy was going on how Briles was the scape goat and the Texas Tech guy said the boosters have real interest in supporting Briles to TTU.

But maybe they were bringing Art up because of Mac's article. I missed the beginning of the conversation.

Last edited:

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I kept waiting for the “gotcha” while reading that article. I also scrolled up to see if it was an article by The Onion.

One of the greater reads of my life
Are you sure that wasn't written by the onion?

Like Nick Saban would love to close out his career in Lubbock, Texas.

It's been lousy day. Lots of nausea I just feeling like crap but this give me a laugh but I really needed.

Thank you so much

Chongo94

You don’t remember this? He apparently dipped out of either a recruiting event or a dinner with players, can’t remember off the top of my head.

It was Tommy Tuberville. He had taken some recruits to the 50 Yard Line (a steakhouse) and as the story goes excused himself to go to the restroom and never came back. Many Tech fans say he climbed out the window (I believe they say this in jest but some appear serious).

His wife loathed Lubbock...he couldn’t get out of there fast enough for her.

Chongo94

Not sure where to put this so I’ll put it here since it kind of involves coaching. Can’t say I blame him considering how ridiculous it was the way they used him at the start of the year.

Report: QB Khalil Tate Likely to Transfer from Arizona Due to OC Noel Mazzone - Bleacher Report https://apple.news/AiPX9Ddz5Qe2hxMz9ZUFHpQ

TCUdirtbag

I just listened to a radio station and they were talking about their team, well one guy was a Texas Tech insider and the other guy was a Baylor guy. Just listening because they were talking about the opening in Lubbock. Basically I think there is a real chance they hire Art Briles. The Baylor guy was going on how Briles was the scape goat and the Texas Tech guy said the boosters have real interest in supporting Briles to TTU.

But maybe they were bringing Art up because of Mac's article. I missed the beginning of the conversation.

Hocutt won’t hire Briles.

It was Tommy Tuberville. He had taken some recruits to the 50 Yard Line (a steakhouse) and as the story goes excused himself to go to the restroom and never came back. Many Tech fans say he climbed out the window (I believe they say this in jest but some appear serious).

Clearly the wife is the brains of that outfit

netty2424

Hocutt’s from Sherman, close to where I live. Talking to some folks tonight at dinner that grew up with him, said he wanted to give KK more time, but the boosters had enough. So his hand was forced.

Seems based on the handful of tech alums I call friends, they were all pretty disappointed with KK being fired. He’s well respected there in Lubbock and his players liked him.

Unfortunate, but it’s a results oriented business with that kind of money floating around.

WhatTheFrog

Yep, that's the way it went. He was a joke, anyway. He happened to be the post-Leach rebound and anyone in that position wasn't going to survive long, anyway. Leach was very loved around town. That could be part of the reason that CJK5H got his arse handed to him in that election.

The way Tuberville did Tech reminds me of how Fran did Bama when he left for aggy, except even worse.

NewFrogFan

Of course they have. They're gonna "name" themselves into permanent last place if they're not careful.

Too many schools think that some guy that has been fired many times more than once, is somehow better than the next young guy at a smaller program. Many times they are wrong, Petrino comes to mind.