• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

Wexahu

The rich get richer and we’re still rotating the same thing from position to position. Interesting.

Next year should be pretty telling. Will we bridge some gaps towards the top of the league, or will the gap get wider. Moves are being made to improve ball clubs, yet to this point, we aren’t making any.

I know if our offense rolls out the same crap next year, there will be a whole lot of empty seats at our games for the 2nd half of the season. There's quite a bit on the line for the offensive unit to get it's [ Finebaum ] together.....and quickly.

Eight

seems to be split thoughts on grinch.

during the rose bowl it was mentioned that osu did not have a member of their secondary named he coaches all big 10 teams and wife's family in washington are split on what he did at wazzu.

Eight

The rich get richer and we’re still rotating the same thing from position to position. Interesting.

Next year should be pretty telling. Will we bridge some gaps towards the top of the league, or will the gap get wider. Moves are being made to improve ball clubs, yet to this point, we aren’t making any.

the one thing we all know is gary places loyalty over everything else.

not a bad thing though i don't believe in a depth chart based upon who has bled the longest for the program and coaches being kept for personal reasons.

Wexahu

seems to be split thoughts on grinch.

during the rose bowl it was mentioned that osu did not have a member of their secondary named he coaches all big 10 teams and wife's family in washington are split on what he did at wazzu.

That's kind of what I thought, I remember the general consensus from OSU fans prior to our game this year was that they had a lot of talented guys on defense but sometimes it didn't seem like it because they were out of position so often.

Who knows how this will work out. I think a lot of how defenses perform is simply how much the head coach emphasizes it within the program. Some defensive coaches are just hung out to dry almost if the head coach is all offense all the time.

FrogLifeYo

Brown is a home run hire for WVU...38 Years old and believed to be a younger Dabo and has won 10 games in a row at Troy 3 straight years...Think about the number of young bright coaches in this league right now..Big12 is on the move

netty2424

the one thing we all know is gary places loyalty over everything else.

not a bad thing though i don't believe in a depth chart based upon who has bled the longest for the program and coaches being kept for personal reasons.
I love loyalty. I do. But when does the loyalty create a situation where a league starts to pass you by?

And to be clear, I am not saying it has. Just a question.

Eight

I love loyalty. I do. But when does the loyalty create a situation where a league starts to pass you by?

And to be clear, I am not saying it has. Just a question.

million dollar question and unfortunately the only way to get a true answer is to let things play out.

gary has his 4 guys who are basically untouchable and it has led to some weird staff configurations and you have guys in positions who basically are there because you don't have anywhere else to place them.

his staff, his program, but i have always felt sonny was put in a tight spot when he has only been able to name 1 of his offensive staff. he might like the other 3, have no idea, but when input on the offense is coming from 2 guys who you removed from the position i am not sure how you expect things to change.

Wexahu

million dollar question and unfortunately the only way to get a true answer is to let things play out.

gary has his 4 guys who are basically untouchable and it has led to some weird staff configurations and you have guys in positions who basically are there because you don't have anywhere else to place them.

his staff, his program, but i have always felt sonny was put in a tight spot when he has only been able to name 1 of his offensive staff. he might like the other 3, have no idea, but when input on the offense is coming from 2 guys who you removed from the position i am not sure how you expect things to change.

His loyalty is odd considering he had to move around to about 10 different jobs before landing at TCU.

netty2424

He’s now to the point of no return with them. They’ve helped him build a program and there’s a lot to be said for that so his options are what?

He can keep them in place and maybe we’ve already peaked and they all ride off in the sunset as buds. Maybe we continue to close the gap on OU.

Or he makes moves, maybe they work out, maybe they don’t. But his guys he’s ridden with for 20 years may not pick up his calls for a fishing trip off the coast later on in life.

Tough spot.

Eight

He’s now to the point of no return with them. They’ve helped him build a program and there’s a lot to be said for that so his options are what?

He can keep them in place and maybe we’ve already peaked and they all ride off in the sunset as buds. Maybe we continue to close the gap on OU.

Or he makes moves, maybe they work out, maybe they don’t. But his guys he’s ridden with for 20 years may not pick up his calls for a fishing trip off the coast later on in life.

Tough spot.

i think you make a very good point in that these are four guys who have been with gary through multiple changes in staff, roles, and conferences.

unfortunately there is no guarantee that changes will ultimately get gary a shot at a national title so do you go out with people who have become your friends or do you clean house and start all over.

the impression i have always gotten is that gary is a creature of habit and that he likes living in his world behind the purple curtain. replacing any of them means bringing in a new person, new relationships, and lifting that curtain so to speak and that is something he just doesn't seem comfortable with nor do i see him as the type to force someone out.

that leaves staff leaving on their own and outside of burns there isn't anyone on the staff near the age to retire and i don't see anyone out to hire away any of the gang of four.

Mean Purple

Tough spot.
Some folks don't like hearing it, but you see it on college football every year. Sooner or later, not changing staff (if staff is the problem) comes back to haunt. And even the coaches thought to be most secure find themselves on the hot seat, no matter what an AD said a year or two or three before. The money in football these days makes even a 10 year head coach an oddity for a school.

Gary has always had a great bounce back season. We have depth now that we did not have before (no way we would have had a winning season this year if we did not have that depth). And we played a bunch of new lineman. And, the injuries. Good gosh, the injuries.

We go 11 wins next year.

West Virginian is real excited about this hire. Hearing a lot of college football playoff talk from them. Lots of media cfb analysts do think this was an upgrade on the coaches they had.

Lots of great coaches in the Big 12. Which all the reason TCU needs to be on point with our position coaches and maybe bring in some analysts to help with gameplans and strategy and etc.

Eight

West Virginian is real excited about this hire. Hearing a lot of college football playoff talk from them. Lots of media cfb analysts do think this was an upgrade on the coaches they had.

Lots of great coaches in the Big 12. Which all the reason TCU needs to be on point with our position coaches and maybe bring in some analysts to help with gameplans and strategy and etc.

think i know who started the cfp talk up in morgantown

XWxgPiz.gif

like the hire of brown. it will be interesting to watch the transition as troy ran in more than they threw the ball.

wvu returns 4 o-linemen, 2 experienced backs, and a solid group on the defensive side of the ball. their first half of the schedule could be interesting. get texas at morgantown followed by a visit from iowa state and then to norman.

PO Frog

I like that he’s loyal but if these guys can’t find other jobs if they are let go then what does that say about them? Also, they have all made A LOT of money over the past 18 years. Can’t imagine they’d have financial concerns.