• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

papawppc

I believe KU made a mistake hiring the grass eater. I think Beaty was making strides after taking over the worst P5 team.
Kingsbury needs to have more training under a good head coach before getting another HC job.

Wexahu

I believe KU made a mistake hiring the grass eater. I think Beaty was making strides after taking over the worst P5 team.
Kingsbury needs to have more training under a good head coach before getting another HC job.

What a lot of people don't realize is that KU was one of the most senior dominated teams in the conference. They loaded up with transfers just to field a remotely competent team, Beatty had that thing going exactly nowhere. He had plenty of time to build something, simply no way he could keep his job given the state of that program. Look at the roster, they are probably gonna get worse before they get better unless Miles pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

papawppc

What a lot of people don't realize is that KU was one of the most senior dominated teams in the conference. They loaded up with transfers just to field a remotely competent team, Beatty had that thing going exactly nowhere. He had plenty of time to build something, simply no way he could keep his job given the state of that program. Look at the roster, they are probably gonna get worse before they get better unless Miles pulls a rabbit out of his hat.
Les might pull something, but it won't be a rabbit.

Chongo94

Tyson Helton, Tennessee’s qb coach and play caller, is apparently going to be named as Western Kentucky’s new head coach.

AroundWorldFrog

saw something on Twitter about the Pirate being interested in going back to Tech. Wasn't sure if serious or not. Lubbock's gotta be better than some places, maybe Pullman?

tetonfrog

They had less than 15,000 fans in the stands for their last two games. Half of them were opposing fans. If they don't fire Beatty, next year it would have been less than 10,000. I lived in Lawrence during the Mangino years and they sold the place out. The big donors also told AD Jeff Long that if he didn't hire a new coach, they would not donate to the stadium rebuild.

They had no choice. Even if they go 2-10 next year, at least they can say they are rebuilding under Miles.

Mean Purple

Anyone that is objective knew this from the moment names started popping up.

Clemson DC Brent Venables: Not actively pursuing Texas Tech head-coaching job
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25384931/not-actively-pursuing-texas-tech-red-raiders-head-coaching-job?platform=amp
For sure. Seems like most of the sports media out there teaches for any thin reasons. To put a name out. This one was from the more often used "he and the AD went to college together or works together" bit.

No way BV was going there. Heck, he has a very sweet deal as a DC.