• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Advantage

Froggish

Help me out here....I believe the NCAA allows for 10 official coaches having increased from 9 a year or two ago. Presumably by GP calling defense and not having a special teams coach, we should by coaching numbers alone have a coaching advantage somewhere else.....

Where is that spot? Where are we better on the field because we aren’t “wasting” coaching resources on a DC or a ST coach....Seems to me we have some wasted space on staff with guys occupying titles without having to do all that much...So where are advantage on the staff?

Eight

Help me out here....I believe the NCAA allows for 10 official coaches having increased from 9 a year or two ago. Presumably by GP calling defense and not having a special teams coach, we should by coaching numbers alone have a coaching advantage somewhere else.....

Where is that spot? Where are we better on the field because we aren’t “wasting” coaching resources on a DC or a ST coach....Seems to me we have some wasted space on staff with guys occupying titles without having to do all that much...So where are advantage on the staff?

3HeH.gif

the 10th coaching position was given to modkins who took over coaching the cornerbacks, gonzales moved from coaching corners to safeties, and glasgow went from coaching safeties to linebackers replacing the ga position.

as far as why the frogs need 2 position coaches for the defensive line that is gary's choice.

my bigger frustration is that for a program that apparently has money to spend resists adding analyst with a true outside perspective, analytics, and recruiting