• The KillerFrogs

Coaches #30

Wexahu

You want me to have any faith in a poll or the voters that run it then when two teams have the same number of losses but one of them has beaten three teams that were ranked at the time (the other having zero such wins) and owns a head to head win THAT team needs to be ranked higher.

You discredit the poll yet use where teams are ranked at the time they were played to determine how you rank teams, which is a little strange. I think USC has proven to be pretty average, they haven't had an impressive game yet. And Maryland is proving to be as bad as most people thought they would be. We've shown we don't deserve a ranking thus far.

When I look at both teams results, who they played, how those teams have played, and the scores of the games, I think it's pretty easy to see how a voter might think OU has still been more impressive overall. It's close, if UT should be higher ok, but I don't think it's a travesty or anything.

Moose Stuff

You discredit the poll yet use where teams are ranked at the time they were played to determine how you rank teams, which is a little strange. I think USC has proven to be pretty average, they haven't had an impressive game yet. And Maryland is proving to be as bad as most people thought they would be. We've shown we don't deserve a ranking thus far.

When I look at both teams results, who they played, how those teams have played, and the scores of the games, I think it's pretty easy to see how a voter might think OU has still been more impressive overall. It's close, if UT should be higher ok, but I don't think it's a travesty or anything.

Find me someone who thinks wins over Baylor, ISU, Army, FAU, and 0-5 UCLA are better by than wins over Tulsa, USC, KSU, TCU, and OU AND that a head to head win doesn’t really matter and I’ll show you someone who shouldn’t have a vote.

Pharm Frog

The teams have the same record and there are probably quite a few people out there who think that if those two teams played 10 more times, OU would win more of them than UT. I think that’s a reasonable position too.

That is a completely unreasonable position to hold and flies directly in the face of your contention that "every game matters". At BEST this year those teams will split with both games played at a neutral site. But that you hold that it's reasonable for people to discount wins because of some hypothetical 10 game matchup says a whole lot about your defense of the current system.

Wexahu

Find me someone who thinks wins over Baylor, ISU, Army, FAU, and 0-5 UCLA are better by than wins over Tulsa, USC, KSU, TCU, and OU AND that a head to head win doesn’t really matter and I’ll show you someone who shouldn’t have a vote.

Why did you leave out the loss to Maryland? Don't you think that's a pretty big blemish? Your post doesn't even consider that game.

Moose Stuff

Why did you leave out the loss to Maryland? Don't you think that's a pretty big blemish? Your post doesn't even consider that game.

You’re trying too hard. Same record, better wins, beat them head to head....... the end. [ Finebaum ]s given about a loss 6 games ago = zero.

Wexahu

You’re trying too hard. Same record, better wins, beat them head to head....... the end. [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s given about a loss 6 games ago = zero.

Did you and PharmFrog have a big problem with us being ranked ahead of Baylor in 2014 from Week 8 thru the end of the season? Because from reading this board for the last three years it sure doesn't seem so. I don't see how this situation is any different at all.

I personally had no problem with us being ranked ahead of them, despite the fact that we lost to them. Yet they had the same record as we did, better wins, and they beat us head to head.

Pharm Frog

Did you and PharmFrog have a big problem with us being ranked ahead of Baylor in 2014 from Week 8 thru the end of the season? Because from reading this board for the last three years it sure doesn't seem so. I don't see how this situation is any different at all.

I personally had no problem with us being ranked ahead of them, despite the fact that we lost to them. Yet they had the same record as we did, better wins, and they beat us head to head.

You counting their win over Northeastern State or Northwestern State (can't recall which geography they played) or Buffalo as better than our win over Minnesota? And I would have had no problem with them being ranked ahead of us after they won that 61-58 debacle (and I believe they were). I have a huge issue with us being ranked over them week after week after week and then being ranked behind them after thrashing ISU on the final weekend. Zero consistency. The silver lining is that we got one of the greatest football gif's of all time and got to kick the [ Finebaum ] out of an SEC team in SEC land.

Moose Stuff

They lost ugly the week AFTER our game, not 6 weeks prior. We lost to them on the road and not at a neutral site. They played 3 absolute nobodies OOC and we beat a pretty solid Minnesota team....... so no I didn’t have an issue with us being ranked just ahead of them. For someone who said my opinion on this was reasonable several posts ago you sure are going out of your way to prove that it isn’t.

Wexahu

They lost ugly the week AFTER our game, not 6 weeks prior. We lost to them on the road and not at a neutral site. They played 3 absolute nobodies OOC and we beat a pretty solid Minnesota team....... so no I didn’t have an issue with us being ranked just ahead of them. For someone who said my opinion on this was reasonable several posts ago you sure are going out of your way to prove that it isn’t.

Ok, fair enough. But I thought it was as clear as "same record, better wins, beat them HTH....the end." There's obviously a little more to it than that. And Ohio State's only loss in 2014 was on Sept 6, seems like most people on here, and I assume you too, gave zero [ Finebaum ]s about that too, since it was so early in the season.