• The KillerFrogs

Coaches #30

cdsfrog

WVU #6. Wow. Good for them!

How is OU ahead of UT after losing to them? I know it was a close game and UT tried to give it away, but come on.

Almost losing to Army too, UT seems to be going in the right direction, OU not so much. Can't believe they won a shoot out

Froginbedford

Play like the top five teams remain the same at the end of the season....Which of Georgia, Ohio State, or Clemson will be dropped to allow Notre Dame to move into the last tournament spot?

Wexahu

I believe you said it’s not who you lose to but who you beat

It’s everything. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. Seems like everyone wants absolutes but it’s never worked that way. No idea how any frog fan could have a problem with OU being ranked ahead of Texas right now given our history.....I’m not even going to go there.

Ron Swanson

It’s everything. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. Seems like everyone wants absolutes but it’s never worked that way. No idea how any frog fan could have a problem with OU being ranked ahead of Texas right now given our history.....I’m not even going to go there.
I’m just saying... I thought I just read from you on here that it doesn’t matter who you lose to, but who you beat.

Was that not you?

Obviously it’s everything, but if I’m not mistaken, you had just said that it’s not everything, it’s who you beat and not who you lose to. UT has beaten OU, USC and TCU.

My apologies if that wasn’t you who said that.

Moose Stuff

I have a problem with it.

Wexahu

I’m just saying... I thought I just read from you on here that it doesn’t matter who you lose to, but who you beat.

Was that not you?

Obviously it’s everything, but if I’m not mistaken, you had just said that it’s not everything, it’s who you beat and not who you lose to. UT has beaten OU, USC and TCU.

My apologies if that wasn’t you who said that.

I’ve never said anything “doesn’t matter” regarding the topic of who should be ranked where. It all matters. Every game. Some results might seem like they matter more, but every result counts. The only way a result wouldn’t matter is if HTH trumped everything else (which would effectively make the Maryland game not count when ranking OU vs UT), and I’ve always said using HTH as the ultimate tiebreaker in every instance is really dumb.

Wexahu

I have a problem with it.

That’s a reasonable opinion, but I was just answering the question as to why OU is still ranked ahead of Texas. The teams have the same record and there are probably quite a few people out there who think that if those two teams played 10 more times, OU would win more of them than UT. I think that’s a reasonable position too. In any event it’s kind of irrelevant because if has bearing on the playoffs. Both teams need to win out to have a chance most likely.

Ron Swanson

I’ve never said anything “doesn’t matter” regarding the topic of who should be ranked where. It all matters. Every game. Some results might seem like they matter more, but every result counts. The only way a result wouldn’t matter is if HTH trumped everything else (which would effectively make the Maryland game not count when ranking OU vs UT), and I’ve always said using HTH as the ultimate tiebreaker in every instance is really dumb.
I guess I’m confusing you with another poster.

Moose Stuff

That’s a reasonable opinion, but I was just answering the question as to why OU is still ranked ahead of Texas. The teams have the same record and there are probably quite a few people out there who think that if those two teams played 10 more times, OU would win more of them than UT. I think that’s a reasonable position too. In any event it’s kind of irrelevant because if has bearing on the playoffs. Both teams need to win out to have a chance most likely.

You want me to have any faith in a poll or the voters that run it then when two teams have the same number of losses but one of them has beaten three teams that were ranked at the time (the other having zero such wins) and owns a head to head win THAT team needs to be ranked higher.