• The KillerFrogs

Coach Samples expected to interview for LA Rams RB coach

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
LOL. People on this board trashed Gary Patterson after TCU fired him.
Not the same thing. A few flames and rants on an internet fan board are meaningless. GP has a statue here

I’m talking about the personal snubs and rudeness Sonny and his family experienced in person in Dallas, not to mention the chickenshit digging up of old texts of Samp, etc. Acts like that speak of a special smallness and lack of character

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We got 3 years out of him. You got 3 months. Sonny builds a house of cards everywhere he goes, but even I didn’t think the cards would start wobbling this quickly in Fort Worth
Is he the only RB coach left in the world? I think we will be fine.

ECM

Not the same thing. A few flames and rants on an internet fan board are meaningless. GP has a statue here

I’m talking about the personal snubs and rudeness Sonny and his family experienced in person in Dallas, not to mention the chickenshit digging up of old texts of Samp, etc. Acts like that speak of a special smallness and lack of character
Sonny’s hands aren’t clean either. He was telling SMU people as late as Friday before the Tulsa game that he would be signing the extension, and then went radio silent. There’s blowback that comes with that. But let’s be honest…we’re talking about SMU fans here, not Tennessee fans, it couldn’t have been that bad -- did someone disinvite him from a tee time at DCC?

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Sonny’s hands aren’t clean either. He was telling SMU people as late as Friday before the Tulsa game that he would be signing the extension, and then went radio silent. There’s blowback that comes with that. But let’s be honest…we’re talking about SMU fans here, not Tennessee fans, it couldn’t have been that bad -- did someone disinvite him from a tee time at DCC?
Indeed we are talking about SMU fans. A group with an overinflated sense of their own importance and as I say, especially small in character. Justify all you like; what happened was ugly and it’s not a secret. And it wasn’t limited to Sonny.

See ya in Dallas next season

Eight

It's been a while since I looked but the last time I paid any attention, the trend among Head Coaches at least, is that colleges were paying better. I'm pretty sure that Gary, for example, was making more than most NFL HCs.

fairly certain the rams job pays more than rb at tcu and it would be a huge note on his resume

asleep003

He has experience landing free agents. He is on the fast track to GM!
Believe we're in good position for a 7-8 game wins next year, which is very feasible with a new Air Raid offense, which includes a quality RB stable and the new 3-3 front Defense. We may not miss his presence and still be very attractive in the Transfer Portal wars !

Last edited:

McFroggin

Art Briles is desperate. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance right? Wouldn’t have to worry about another program stealing him. Or we can look for desirable talent and lose them periodically.